Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-04-2012 , 10:51 PM

Misplaced Textures, please Help!

I am rigging a MineCraft character in Maya, I'm finished, and it all looks fine, EXCEPT:
when I render it all the textures are misplaced, whilst in Viewport 2.0 Everything looks fine.

In viewport:
user added image

When rendered:
user added image

Does anybody know how to solve this, Help would be MUCH appreciated user added image Thanks

(to view images, right click, copy picture adress, paste in browser)

# 2 13-04-2012 , 12:23 AM
Technical Director
Sigh... Another day, another minecraft character user added image

It looks like you have something mapped to the transparency of your material.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 13-04-2012 , 08:15 AM
Alright, I'll look it up. And I know, a bit generic but hey, you have to start simple right? user added image

(Couldn't find any information on how to solve it, could you help out please?)

Last edited by Zebahan; 13-04-2012 at 09:04 AM.
# 4 13-04-2012 , 04:07 PM
Technical Director
Ok, open up the attribute editor with your material selected. On the right hand side of the transparency slider, you'll either see an arrow (connected) or a checker board (not connected). If it shows the arrow, it means that something is controlling the transparency of your material. (It's usually done when you map a texture that has an alpha (transparency) channel associated with it)

To remove this connection (if it exists), right click on the word "Transparency" and click on break connections. Then render it again, and see if that fixes it.

If not, send me the file, and I'll take a look for you.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 13-04-2012 , 05:36 PM
Hmm... Still doesn't work. Same thing only the transparency is black now... user added image

Last edited by Zebahan; 13-04-2012 at 06:10 PM.
# 6 26-04-2012 , 11:40 PM
click on material attributes and where it says color and transparacy and stuff rightclick transparacy and hold it, then click break connection and itll work.

# 7 11-09-2013 , 09:47 AM