Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 46 05-09-2004 , 05:02 PM
hi guys....this is the building i made.i will make the edges more in a chinese style more looking up....and maybe ill change the ground shader....or what do u think....

Attached Thumbnails
# 47 05-09-2004 , 07:41 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by EvoxReloaded
actually trey claimed that southpark was "made entirely of construction paper and hours on the crapper"..

Only the pilot episode.

# 48 05-09-2004 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber
user added image user added image user added image

Good work on the building dragonhawk but as you said try and make it looks more chinese.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 49 05-09-2004 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber
Love the stuff so far! Do we get to see hoardes of leaping ninjas?

# 50 06-09-2004 , 04:40 AM
EvoxReloaded
your right the pilot was made with cut outs but it is all done with maya now..

# 51 06-09-2004 , 02:04 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kerosene
Love the stuff so far! Do we get to see hoardes of leaping ninjas?

If that is your desire then yes user added image

My pin number is XXXX
# 52 06-09-2004 , 04:06 PM
ok I watched the "promotional trailer" here's my thoughts...

1. Walk cycle is ok for a rough one, but it looks just like one long loop. There's no change in pace or anything. Mix it up a bit add some randomness.

2. The model appears to slip as it walks. fix this because it's a very simple thing to fix and it really makes things look awful when it happens! user added image

3. If you are going for a cell shaded look then fine, but at the moment it looks like it was done on a BBC Micro from the mid 80s (no offence!) user added image Sort out something better and really take you time on the style. Look at some VFS shorts they tend to have some really nice styling (look for the dinosaur one called "ouch!" i think that's it's name).

4. Don't try too much, get some simple stuff that looks cool and is well done rather than a large quantity of mediocre stuff.

5. Change the particles of blood so that it fountains down rather than shooting straight up like a geyser! user added image maybe have some splat the camera as well user added image

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 53 06-09-2004 , 04:43 PM

wow!

wow,i really like what youve done so far and the enviroment is looking great. guess i have lot to learn because im new and never knew you could do something like that! is the cel shading also done in maya? or another program>?

# 54 06-09-2004 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
Pure_Morning: Thanks for the tips, I will work on the walk cycle and try and get it looking tip top user added image, but in the actual animation there will be just too much stuff going on to be able to pick out all the details. As for the blood tho it was my intention for this unatural (cartoony) spray. If you seen Kill Bill you might know what Im talking about.

diseasekrot: Thanks, and yes cel shading is done in maya, well its an optimised shader downloaded from highend3d.com.

My pin number is XXXX
# 55 06-09-2004 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
5. Change the particles of blood so that it fountains down rather than shooting straight up like a geyser! user added image maybe have some splat the camera as well user added image

Alan

In alot of old kung-fu movies (the good ones) the blood would shoot several feet from bodies. Either that or in the cheap ones someone would get cut and then the blood would apear a few minutes later It depends if you want a retro style.

EDIT: That post wasn't there when i clicked reply, sorry.

# 56 06-09-2004 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
If you are going for a cell shaded look then fine, but at the moment it looks like it was done on a BBC Micro from the mid 80s

Ha HA HA hA Ha HE HE HE he he hooo hhooooo,

sorry that made me laugh for ages, only because i remember it...

Great work you guys, looking forward to this... user added image

MURPH
# 57 07-09-2004 , 07:04 PM
here is the builind with tweeked building-edges and toon shader...... what could i tweak?

Attached Thumbnails
# 58 07-09-2004 , 07:05 PM
a part from top:

Attached Thumbnails
# 59 07-09-2004 , 07:23 PM
Subscriber
Hey dragonhawk, firstly I am sorry I wasnt able to come on msn but I was swarmed with school work user added image :angry:, secondly I like the building it looks good. You could start to model some of the insides.

My pin number is XXXX
# 60 07-09-2004 , 08:53 PM
nah RC that`s no problem....i will have these days too ,where school minimizes my free time....besides i decided to learn drawing and photoshop...so a lot to do these days....