Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-02-2003 , 02:58 AM
Subscriber

I'm finally back from no power.

*takes a deep breath* Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO GLAD TO BE BACK!!!!! My electricity has been off since last Saturday and I have been without my COMPUTER!!!! No heat, no refrigerator, no computer, no internet, no Maya, no lights, no music, no digital clocks, no television, no satillite, no NOTHING! You don't know how aweful it was! Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and all of Wednesday up until now without electricity. This all was due to a nasty ice storm we had here in Kentucky. (USA) More people here didn't have electricity than people who did. The roads were iced, powerlines were down, cars were frozen solid, etc and never before have I been able to walk on grass and have it crunch with every footstep. There wsa at least an inch of ice on every tree brash, blade of grass, and vehicle antena and THAT'S IS MOST DEFFINENTLY NOT AN EXAGERATION! Branches were falling off of trees onto the roads everywhere from such heavy weight from the ice and the salt trucks were out for days. We have a white Ford van that we always park outside, but there was no chance of driving it since one whole side was incased in ice. Icicles (or however you spell it) held it firmly to the frozen ground and the tires were coated in the frozen H2O. Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone that I NEVER WANT TO BE AWAY FROM SIMPLY MAYA THIS LONG AGAIN!

I know this image is big, but, well, who cares. Enjoy my winter hell.

# 2 20-02-2003 , 03:02 AM
Subscriber
The image above is what used to be grass. It is now incased in ice, which I broke off and used to cool my refrigerator since it had no electricity. I have a few other pictures of plants and other items that were iced, too.

# 3 20-02-2003 , 03:14 AM
Simply Maya OG
Ya, up here in Upstate NY, we have about 3 to 4 feet of snow on the ground. We got 2 feet or so Xmas night, another 6-10 inches New Years eve, and just 2 days ago we got another foot of snow. The snowbank, icebank i should say, is taller than me, and im 6'2". But I was fortunate enough to have power thru it all. But nothing compares to Ice. I dont like Ice much, especially on the roads/grounds. Shoveling snow is a pain, and i know trying to get ice off your driveway to get up it or out it is even more of a pain. Its dangerous. Anyways, welcome back Darkware user added image

- Hybrid
# 4 20-02-2003 , 03:56 AM
The Maya Mountain
woah! That's cool! I've never seen anything like that before! I have a folder called "Wow!" that I put strange and interesting photos I come across... this one is definitely going in there. user added image

# 5 20-02-2003 , 04:13 AM
Subscriber
Add another to your file.

# 6 20-02-2003 , 05:00 AM
hehe... here in Minnesota, we get this ALL the time, EVERY yearuser added image

...that's why I'm moving to Cali, or the UK as soon as I get some cash!!!! hehe...

....seriously....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 20-02-2003 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
snow? what is that? user added image

nah.. I'm kidding... eventhough I live down here in Florida, I've lived in a cold place for a long time so I know what's it like

-Emo

# 8 20-02-2003 , 06:08 AM
SM Alumni
Wow!
The second & third photos prove conclusively that there IS life on Mars!!
user added image

Glad to see you back mate.

gimme everything u got
# 9 20-02-2003 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber
Wow...weird...you could almost call it art :o

Originally posted by ragecgi
that's why I'm moving to Cali, or the UK as soon as I get some cash!!!!

yeah because the weather here (uk) is so good huh? lol

you are more than welcome anyway user added image (obviously i dont hand out the visa's lol)