Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-03-2003 , 09:19 PM

animation studios question

I've been using lightwave , modeling for about 3 years now, and recently switch to using maya 4.5 in the past 6 months. My question is this, currently I live in CT , USA , and I am a computer programmer, but I love modeling and animating. Do all the small, medium or big size effects companies reside on the west coast or are there any local, especially to me here in Connecticut. I would honestly love to persue a career in this field and leave programmer in the dust =).

Thanks for any info people might have,

Andrew

# 2 25-03-2003 , 09:43 PM
Why woudl you switch to Maya? I personaly think Lightwave to Maya is a downgrade.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 3 25-03-2003 , 09:55 PM
I still am doing personnal projects with lightwave but i am trying to learn maya as well. Though the concepts of animation are similar the interfaces with light wave and maya are not. So just trying to learn both. But I agree with you , Lightwave is kick ass. The only thing i prefer in maya is the actual animation. I feel it is easier to animate in maya then it is in lightwave. But as far as modeling, lightwave beats maya handely

Regards,

Andrew

# 4 25-03-2003 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
Ultragames is just pulling your leg R3, hehehe.. good one Ultra user added image

R3, if you want to increase your chances of making it in the already tough to get into industry, then you would need to move out here to the west coast. Not even New York has many places, buggest one there I believe is Blue Sky. There might be a few commercial or games studios nearby you, but not as many as there are out here. Especially if you want to do Films.

Hope this helps,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 5 25-03-2003 , 10:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
majority are definitely in West Coast, but they have them all over the place, though.