Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-03-2006 , 06:40 PM

Real landsacpe and animated object

OK here is my problem I want to video tape a room and then have a 3D object move around (like in a movie). how can I do this???????

# 2 06-03-2006 , 07:21 PM
Use maya live to track the motion, convert the vid into a sequence of images, import this sequence as an animated image plane.

Model the thing you want, render in layers, composite it with the orig footage adding layers to rep the noise on the orig footage.

Not much detail but thats the basic process, you really neeed to give more information and some pics for more help.

# 3 06-03-2006 , 07:24 PM
is there a tutorial for this?? What I want to do is, I have a thing that rolls around I want it to rolls down a hall way at my school and out in to a parking lot then race a student.

# 4 06-03-2006 , 07:44 PM
Dont think there is to be honest, just try to break it down into chunks.

1) Film the footage
2) Use maya live to track the footage and get a CG amera
3) convert the footage into an image sequence (JPEG's poss as they are smaller)
4) Import the sequence into the new cameras image plane attrib
5) Model, render and composite

Have you had much experiance of maya and/or any other effects package (like after effects??)

# 5 06-03-2006 , 07:47 PM
I just started using maya this semseter and I have used lightwave for a year and a half.

# 6 06-03-2006 , 07:55 PM
Cools man, Have a go using a photo as an image plane, setting up floors to match the persp of the camera youre rendering from and then animate an object this way.

P.S You need to know the focal length of the camera and put this into the camera attributes for the objects havet he same focal/distance properties of the camera.

You can then sort of take the same principles onto footage but its a bit more complex as your gonna need to track the camera as well as knowing all its specs.

What did you learn in Lightwave?