Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-02-2004 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber

Auto-Tracking w/ Selected Object tool?

Curious,

Is there a plug-in tool, or setting that can be tweak in Maya, to make the camera/view track along with a selected object as you're moving it?

Let's say in Orthographic view you're moving an object along an axis... Is there a way to make that Orthographic camera track with the selected object automatically, as you're moving it? That way you're not constantly having to zoom in, zoom out, track and pan with the camera view just to subsequently move an object out of view, when you really want the camera to stay with it.

Is there a way I can set that up, or get a tool that does this?

Thanks

# 2 28-02-2004 , 05:22 AM
Subscriber
that would be a idea. I don't think there has ever bean a mel writton for that but that would be the way to get it done.

# 3 28-02-2004 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
you could create a camera and have the object be the parent of the camera

# 4 28-02-2004 , 07:50 AM
Subscriber
I was under the inprestion he wanted it more dynamic in that it moved based off of what ever was selected at the time. Not just one set object.