Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 166 27-04-2004 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber
Holy Crap !!

Great improvements you've made since I was on this site last time !!..aweseom model..and great idea...keep 'em coming

# 167 27-04-2004 , 07:59 PM
Hey Bullet... thanks for the comments... comming from a artist like you means a lot.... I'll post up some new renders soon.

Glad to see you back...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 168 27-04-2004 , 08:53 PM
Looking good man!

www.cgmaya.tk
# 169 27-04-2004 , 10:53 PM
Played a bit more with a spec map on the leaves and stems add some water drops on the leaves.. takes so long to the little things... might add ome more rain.. not sure heheh... I'm fried..

Darn frog its starting to speak to me muhahahah

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 170 28-04-2004 , 12:20 AM
Looks great Kurt. I can totally understand you being tired of this user added image Hell, I get tired after a day or two. Great work. I think you've got a really good chance at the competition.

# 171 28-04-2004 , 06:55 AM
Mate its looking greate!!! Rain and droops on leaves ar just the right think for this scene!!!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 172 28-04-2004 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber

Motivation

Don't stop now...it's nearly finished (as far as a 3D-Project can be called "finished" at all)....

I'd suggest to add the smallest Details in 2D -> Photoshop so to speak....increasing some highlights..and maybe even the water-drops..much faster...much more control...maybe because I'm more into PS than MAYA user added image

great work, to say it again !!

Last edited by BulletProof; 28-04-2004 at 07:18 AM.
# 173 28-04-2004 , 07:35 PM
Thanks Bullet..... Im still learn a lot about all the little options in photoshop......

Just a little update added some more rain and better spec map on the frog.. Tried to use PS for some of the rain effects....

Thanks

Kurt

Attached Thumbnails

# 174 28-04-2004 , 08:35 PM

fantastic image!

I personally would like to know if you used procedural shaders or not...

Ob er aber über oberammagau,oder ob er aber über unterammagau oder ob er aber überhaupt nciht kommt, ist nicht ge-wiss.
# 175 28-04-2004 , 08:50 PM
The flesh parts of the frog, leaves and stems are Uv texture maps painted in photoshop.

The only procedural parts right now are the mech parts which I will be changing soon buy laying out the uvs to paint some better textures on them as well getting better refections on the metal parts.

# 176 28-04-2004 , 09:00 PM
this is so frigging awesome :tup:, the competition is in the bag!
Except I do have some trouble with the rain... you see.. I couldn't tell it was rain, I had to read about it to realize. It looks more like light or something... because they are so long, there is one in the very middle that goes almost across the entire picture. Also they don't seem to be parallel. One of the long ones on the left seems to be perpendicular to the x axis but the one in the middle is at an angle. I don't know... maybe I'm just seeing things..
But I did liked it better before you added the "rain drops".

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 177 28-04-2004 , 09:47 PM
No rain is just fine, the rain looks like that in real phototgraphis, whell some of them!! I would just add some dirt on frog becouse if its raining there must be mud and frog must get dirti user added image try it if you have time Kurt,
@ BulletProof i was searching your old posts on SM site when Kurt gived you an compliment abouth how you are greate artist...
now i would realy like if you could mail me or attach your wasp somewere!! (i think you sad that you will do it if someone ask, well I am asking user added image, if you don`t whan`t to attach wasp send me high res pic ) THX in advance

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 178 28-04-2004 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
hehehe...my wasp was for a contest here on SM some time ago...won the second place with it.

Wasp

Wireframe

Composite

but I don't want to use Kurt's thread for self-promotion.

I'm not that great artist...still lot to learn in MAYA...I'd dare to call myself a photoshop-pro....but in Maya I'm a bit over Noobie-Stage.

Kurt is an awesome illustrator and concept artist imho. I'm always impressed by his sketches..wished I could do that the same way (maybe some day), and he brings the quality of his sketches into the world of 3D. Sure one of the top-guys on this site !

*takeshatoff*

# 179 28-04-2004 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber

I would just add some dirt on frog becouse if its raining there must be mud and frog must get dirti user added image

well..usually this kind of frogs are living in the trees...I've never seen on of these frogs getting dirty....they are wet all the time, so that dust and mud can't stick on the body that good. If it's raining it just has a higher specularity......Kurt is on the right track in my opinion. Maybe he should also add some specular highlights on his goggles...just to show that there's some glass there (if there should be any glass). And for a more realistic look, you should think about using DOF (I'm a huge DOF-Fan -> for me that's instant reality..because this kind of photography is a macro shot, because a frog isn't that big) just some suggestions.

bullet

# 180 28-04-2004 , 11:52 PM
Thanks bullet.. i tried adding some dof using the camera in Maya but wasnt getting the results i wanted... so rage told me about a shader that dose kinda the same thing.. I can get the very back ground wiht some DOF a bit but still not sure if i using the shader correctly hehe.... I should have spent more time learning shaders and camera stuff, instead of running around trying to learn now muhahahah...