Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-04-2004 , 07:59 PM

Image Planes

Tryin to model a car using Image Planes. Problem is, the images were made in photoshop using pixel units. At this point, I'm not too familiar with setting workings units in Maya,but I'm not sure if it will support pixels. This is the site were the examples are at:
https://www.3dm-mc.com/tutorials/maya/car/index3.php

# 2 01-04-2004 , 08:33 PM
Lifetime Member
hi those images will work fine..if you have masked the background to just show the car you need to save them in a format with an alpha chanel ...I recomend you save them as a targa or tiff and make sure you choose 32 bit format to include the alpha chanel.
once you have created your images in Photoshop, make a note of the image sizes...Then in maya create a primative plain the same ratio and assign a new material (lambert would be best ) then in the colour attribute of the material click the checkered box on the right and select the file option. In the attribute editor next to image name click the folder icon and browse to your image.
the image should now show on your plain if not then press 6 on your keyboard.

hope this helps....goodluck user added image

Last edited by jsprogg; 01-04-2004 at 08:36 PM.
# 3 01-04-2004 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 4 02-04-2004 , 01:47 AM
cooly was just bout to post this too but it caught my eye

On the same tutorial anyone got any good ideas for texturing it, or any refence

Nick