Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 12-04-2004 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
Have yet to get mine, but if you got yours in CT on the 10th I should get mine (in AZ) today. Wh00t! user added image

# 32 12-04-2004 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber
Didn't make it. Probably tomorrow.

# 33 12-04-2004 , 07:35 PM

DVD!!!!

Hi, this is my first post.

Got my DVD on Sat morning, WOW! He makes it look sooOOoo easy.

I have just about every tutorial on the web but none as clear to use as this. He actually makes it look like fun instead of a choir.

Will more DVD's be coming out showing how to rig it up for animation?

BTW, I'm totally new to modelling and I'm finding it so frustrating. I'm not exactly a great artist so I'm not good at creating reference drawings, does anyone have any tips on this matter?

Take care, all.

Mark.

# 34 12-04-2004 , 07:42 PM
Mark glad you like the dvd, and you are learning a lot. Its important to me to make my tuts easy to follow and as easy to understand a possible.

There are plans for more tuts....

The reference issue can be tough there are a lot of sites on the web that have great reference just do a google search to start.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 35 12-04-2004 , 07:44 PM
Kevin
thats great mark and yes more are on there way user added image

many thanks

# 36 13-04-2004 , 06:21 AM
Mine still hasn't came yet...so If I dont get it tomorrow in the mail...Im going out to buy Kill Bill V1 then hitting my postal men with my DVD case...*shakes fist*.... user added image

DSA

# 37 13-04-2004 , 07:23 AM
Kevin
make sure you give it a good week or so for the USA etc... plus we have just had the easter period so our friday / sunday and monday where out of order user added image

# 38 13-04-2004 , 08:07 AM
Yeah i got the tutorial about a week ago I think, it's really great. Just started yesterday and I already feel i'm a 10x better Modeler. I reccommend it to everyone, this thing ROCKS!

# 39 13-04-2004 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
hi kevin i was wondering how they were shipped to the usa ( pre orders ) so i know if i need to leave a note if its not coming via usps thanks!

also is that helicopter video on the front page coming to dvd? lets hope!

thx

# 40 13-04-2004 , 08:53 PM
Kevin
the dvd was sent via royal mail so it will be posted straight through your letter box.

The helecopter is not on a dvd, but wil be in the vip area, if however you want on a disk then you can of course add it to a custom disk and get it sent to you.

It will be available this week user added image

# 41 13-04-2004 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
I received mine today. I'm very happy. I have a quick question. I started setting up the project, and scene file as I usually do, and I realized that you used that image plane/geometry plane technique again.
I usually set mine up not using a poly, or nurbs plane, but attached to my front, and side cameras with each of those cameras only seeing it's attached image. Is it going to be easier using your technique for your project, or should I have no problems doing it the way I usually do with the image plane setup I normally use?

# 42 13-04-2004 , 11:18 PM
You can use either way.. which ever your most comfortable with...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 43 13-04-2004 , 11:29 PM
The Maya Mountain
Using geometry planes is less taxing on the cpu, however.

# 44 14-04-2004 , 12:17 AM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Using geometry planes is less taxing on the cpu, however.

Why?

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 45 14-04-2004 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
Got it today and have already started, sweet tutorial, I'm definetly looking forward to more from you guys

2 Thumbs up