Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-04-2004 , 03:22 AM

Non biased opinion

I just posted something, but it logged me out before it posted :angry: So i'm gonna shorten it this time. I'm looking for a non biased opinion on Simply Maya's organic modelling DVD vs. Gonomen and other sites organic dvd's. Which have u found more helpful. Also, if anyone has any info on Simply Maya's DVD it would be great. I could only find a couple of screenshots. A picture of the final product would be great. Thx everyone.

# 2 30-04-2004 , 04:30 AM
Here is a turn table of the model...

Attached Files
File Type: zip dvdturntable.zip (272.5 KB, 185 views)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 01-05-2004 , 11:17 PM

thanks

That was a helpful image. Does anyone know anything about tutorials for other sites? About this one though, would i be able to do it even though i don't have much past expierience. I know a lot of the controls, and how to manuever in the interface, but something isn't clicking. Would i be able to do it? This may be a really stupid question, but my computer doesn't have a dvdrom drive. Will i still be able to watch it on the computer in a cdrom drive. Basically, is it an actual dvd or is it a divx video.

Last edited by wright100; 01-05-2004 at 11:35 PM.
# 4 01-05-2004 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber
You will definitely be able to do it, I had a lot time to play around in the Maya interface as well, and tried many different tutorials, books, but could never quite get the hang of organic modelling. The Simply Maya Dvd is fantastic, everything I had been struggling with made sense after watching Kurt model and switch from Nurbs to Poly's to Sub D's. I've learned so much from the dvd, I highly recommend it.

# 5 01-05-2004 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
ok! this will take a sec.. to read...user added image

First...I've to tell you I don't know the dvdtuts but will be soon as I got the money...user added image

second...let me tell you how I experienced these tuts are on sm! user added image

a couple a months ago I started working with maya....I couldn't do much and I felt somehow the way you're decribing yourself right now....
I downloaded the free handtut and learned really the basic instuments of maya!! I wanted more!! ...
so I just bought somepoints and started with the dragontut!...
now let me tell you!... it is a killin'!! If you follow this tut you not only understand maya better but also you will be able to understand how to model with maya!! I don't know how much you allready know but you will learn modeling in a few ways that really can help you with further modeling... after I finished the tut I felt a whole new world was opened for me! really!
so this is my experience...
I still learning but after watching some of these tuts...It will lighten and motivate to model even more....for me atleast user added image and you will definately be able to do it!!!

so whatever you do! don't giv'in .....the begining is allways hard but sm helps a lot to goo past that! user added image

my dragonhead model...
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...ghlight=dragon

excuse me for my bad english...

Last edited by ransick; 01-05-2004 at 11:44 PM.
# 6 01-05-2004 , 11:43 PM

thx

Thanks everyone who posted, i looked around, but didn't find any character modelling dvd's that looked as good as this one, i think i'm gonna get it. Unfortunatly, i'm a teenager without a job so, i got to wait for around two weeks(birthdayuser added image ) Anyone know what kind of supplies they got on these. Also, if anyone knows anything on the dvdrom/cdrom drive thing let me know thx a lot everyone.

I was tempted to download that dragon tutorial a little while ago, but didn't. (price). I'm more intrested in character modelling though so i think i'll get the dvd instead of downloading the tutorial. user added image

Last edited by wright100; 01-05-2004 at 11:45 PM.
# 7 01-05-2004 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber
well I know that you can watch dvd on your pc with your cdrom! I have a dvdrom but If you don't got that....don't wurry....
With the right codecs you can make it readable on your pc! It my birthday too in about 3 weeks....so that's a good idea of you to wait till then user added image

# 8 02-05-2004 , 12:05 AM

really

U can watch a dvd in ur cdrom drive, how do u do that??user added image

# 9 02-05-2004 , 09:40 AM
Subscriber
Well you need a Dvd-Rom to watch a dvd on your comp but the SimplyMaya Dvd also comes with divx versions of the tutorial so you can watch em on your computer if you don't have a dvd-rom on your computer.

# 10 02-05-2004 , 02:51 PM

thankyou

Thankyou very much everyone for the help.

edit: Hey i thought of one more thing that i would like to know. Does this dvd got into texturing at all? Thx.

Last edited by wright100; 03-05-2004 at 12:02 AM.