Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-06-2004 , 12:24 PM
Subscriber

could anyone please help me with this batch render problem?

hi everyone.

attached is a picture of my batch rendering problem, as seen from the script editor. as you can see, it just stops rendering stuff at some arbitrary time in the batch render process. this one shows maya rendering out a series of bitmaps. it has stopped at frame 5, and every frame onward is 0% completed.

i tried rendering out an avi and it stops after frame 15.

anyone who can help me, please do so. i've tried upgrading my memory, video card, even changed my hard disk and motherboard (although for a different pc problem), but this still happens.

could it be because of an error in the maya 5.0 application itself?

here's the snapshot of the problem:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-06-2004 , 03:57 AM
hmmm. could you attach the file or send it to me to check? I'll se if it does it for me as well. Then maybe I can be better help to you. Right now, it could be anything from bad textures or geometry, a nasty bug, or just plain old gremlins. You didn't feed any after midnight, did you? user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 12-06-2004 , 04:03 AM
Subscriber
hi dave_baer!

well things are ok for me now. what i did was dig up my maya 4.5 to try and batch render the same file. and it worked!

i'm thinking the problem might be in my maya 5.0? what version do you use? i'd like someone with maya 5.0 to try batch rendering this thing just to see if it's my software that has the problem.

thanks! user added image

# 4 28-06-2004 , 05:59 PM
I got 5.0, send it on! user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 28-06-2004 , 06:04 PM
If you haven't already, get the 5.0.1 patch and see if that helps...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!