Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-06-2004 , 02:58 PM

Mini iPod 3d image

I am new to 3d Imaging and animation. Been going through the tutorials that come with the PLE Version of Maya. I have stoped at the Animation Tutorial to try and put to use what I have learned so far. I am making and 3d image of my Mini iPod.

I am stuck at the part where the Headphones go into the iPod.
It is a simple hole. How make a hole like that in the Face? I will try and get a picture to post so you all will know what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help you can give in advance.

P.S. Is there a thread about the Procedures to making a 3d image? Like step 1 draw a 2d image step 2.....ect......ect....ect?

Thanks again,

Shag.

# 2 24-06-2004 , 03:22 PM
Subscriber
Regarding the hole - all you need to do is ssape the edges and verts,wher you want the hole to be, to a circular shape and the extrude the face(s) into the body of the ipod - hope this makes sense

the second part - seems to be 1st draw/find refernce images
2nd model, 3rd texture model 4th rig/animate

cheers

Rich
# 3 02-07-2004 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
if you want the hole and no plug in it so you just have a hole i would create a poly or nurb cylinder depending on what type you used for the ipod and place it over the hole then use booleans and use the subtract if its a nurb or if its a poly booleans difference. this will cut out a section with a cylinder hole in to the ipod and you can model the cylinder to look like a plug hole.