Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-08-2004 , 03:43 AM

toggle between

hello

in order to toggle between say---vertices--or edges.. do you just make a hotkey for it? i know this is possible for nurbs control vertices and such, so i would think it would be possible with the little hard to get to tidbits. after all isnt anything possible with maya?

thanks a mucho

christiano

# 2 19-08-2004 , 03:54 AM
The Maya Mountain
I imagine it's possible. Right clicking and choosing the component from the marking menu has always been easy enough for me.

# 3 19-08-2004 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
Yep. Window>Settings/Preferences>Hotkeys brings up the hotkey window. To display vertices, look under the "display" catagory then look for "ToggleVertices" and assign a button to it. All lower case letter are already taken by default, but you can see what is avaliable by clicking the "list all" button in the upper right-hand corner of the window. I'm sure the faces and edges command is some where in there too.... didn't bother to look for it.

# 4 19-08-2004 , 08:28 AM
f10 for edges and f11 for faces f5 for verts I think.

I'm hungover right now so dont quote me on that! user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 19-08-2004 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
Hope it was a good night, Alan---- (its f9 for verts though).

all the best

Kieth