Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-09-2004 , 09:18 AM

Help

I am modelling a samurai sword in Maya and i have difficulties making the tsukamaki (hilt wrapping)

MY question is:

You know that if you connect the World mesh(0) component of a poly surface shape to the Inmesh of another it becomes instance of the first. (Maya 4.0/4.5 fundamentals book by Jim Lammers and Lee Gooding used in the alien poly head modelling chapter) I would like to do the same with nurbs surfaces...
can you tell me exactly which components I have to connect... or a command line... whatever that might be of service

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Simurai

by the way I would like to show you my latest works at https://free.bol.bg/hipo
I was told that it can be accessed from everywhere around the world

Bye

Gonna bring enough noise to wake the deaad

# 2 15-09-2004 , 09:34 AM
hi bro

you can use the same jim lammers method again

make the pivot in the 0 x axis and duplicate it ,make it instance and scale -1 in x axis

lammer used 2 different mothods .. one was in 4.0 and the other one was in 4.5
you can use the 4.5 method

hope will help

Mr_Flamenco™( the Man Who Summoned By Mankind)

# 3 18-09-2004 , 11:30 AM
I am not saying that I am a maya master but that certainly offended me...
I dont know even why I decided to turn to you... I asked for help a couple of times but none responded accordingly...

Have a good day anyway

Simeon

# 4 18-09-2004 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber
I have no idea what anyone could find offincive about Mr_Flamenco's post. Glad at least they had a idea of how to respond. I don't think anyone knows every little nuck and cranny of this software.

# 5 18-09-2004 , 05:35 PM
hi again

user added image dear Simo .. not one can say i know every single part of Maya here .. i can challenge any one in that

we all are here to help each other ..although i can say i am a not very bad modeler i ask for help as well .. and i know many experts do the same .. user added image imagine the team which worked on Lord of the Ring Movie ..they faced problems as well .. there is no shame to ask and share or knowledge

and about no one responding to you posts .. i have no comments on that .. i am pretty sure there are many helpful guys out here user added image

wish you all the best

Mr_Flamenco™( the Man Who Summoned By Mankind)

# 6 18-09-2004 , 07:02 PM

Originally posted by Simo
I am not saying that I am a maya master but that certainly offended me...

Huh??

I'm sorry, but I don't get this at all. Every post I've seen by Mr Flamenco (including the offensive post) has been written in a genuinely helpful and peaceful manner.

I've found nothin' but love on this board ... mostly user added image

Dave

# 7 18-09-2004 , 09:56 PM
Lifetime Member
I am completely dumbstruck reading this ...Flamenco answered simos post and he finds it offensive for reasons unfathomable.
Simo as for no-one answering , is that not what he did ?
All I can say is that I probably won't answer one of your posts in future either just incase you find that offensive also.

# 8 23-09-2004 , 09:05 AM

Originally posted by jsprogg
I am completely dumbstruck reading this ...Flamenco answered simos post and he finds it offensive for reasons unfathomable.
Simo as for no-one answering , is that not what he did ?
All I can say is that I probably won't answer one of your posts in future either just incase you find that offensive also.

All I can say is that I probably won't be posting anymore.

I reckon my question was clear enough to understand and mr flamingo says I should duplicate the geometry and scale it -1 in the x axis.... check the instance radio button of course and here we go with the instanced object...

Perhaps I should try asking elsewhere

# 9 23-09-2004 , 01:31 PM
Simo, if you'd put the attitude in the closet, you might learn something. The method you're talking about is for emulating sub-d modeling using a POLYGON cage (which can be done with maya's poly proxy, CPS, or sub-d if you have unlimited). The purpose is to work on a low poly cage while the actual mesh is smooth. With NURBS you model it directly...no cage...it's not polygon. Flamenco probably thought you were talking about the idea of modeling one half of a character and instancing the other side to have it update automatically so he WAS trying to help you.

If you KNOW this already, that's great. If people aren't understanding you, try to clarify your question better instead of copping an attitude.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

# 10 23-09-2004 , 02:41 PM
Kevin
user added image

Thread closed...