Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-10-2004 , 05:52 PM

Boolean confusion

I have this EPS file that I'm importing and extruding. Its a circle with oval-like holes inside.

I've been using the Bevel Plus tool to extrude the big circle. Then I Bevel Plus the smaller ovals inside. Then I use the boolean difference to create the oval holes in the center. I works once, then it just union's the other ovals or something. Does this make sense? Does anyone have any ideas?

# 2 08-10-2004 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber
hey, if its something like an "O" were there is an outer curve and an inner curve just select the outer curve and than shift select the inner curve and than try bevel plus Should leave that whole in the center.

# 3 08-10-2004 , 07:31 PM
Thanks again Roach, that worked perfectly!