Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 19-12-2004 , 04:50 AM
Subscriber

Old Mans Head

Hi guys

Just thought you might want to see the beinings of my first head model...no textures yet. But this was done after watching the head modelling tut from Simply Maya....On to the texturing tut

Done in Maya 6

Attached Images

Last edited by toojax; 19-12-2004 at 05:20 AM.
# 2 19-12-2004 , 05:34 AM
Subscriber
whoa great stuff man. user added image you sure this is your first head model?

i'm not sure if you meant for it to be as such but are there supposed to be that many creases at the sides of the mouth there? i dunno but they look a little unnatural to me. :ermm:

other than that though, great model. even looks like its textured a bit there. user added image

# 3 19-12-2004 , 11:36 AM
Subscriber
Wow thats a really good head model, especially for your first one. I will have to agree with deryk about it being a little bit too wrinkely, as he said it looks unatural.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 4 21-12-2004 , 10:21 AM
The porportions are ok but you need to workout more the modeling duede.
I feel the face is smashed.

Helder Real

weld some pixels !!!