Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-12-2004 , 06:45 AM

hardware and software particle Incandescence

Hi all,

anyone know where to find the Particle Incand Mapper node? I've looked in particle utilities but only found the particle sampler.

I'm looking for additional control over the Incandescent qualities of my s/w particles using the particleShape node Incand attributes (in addition to those in the material node).

On a separate issue: how do I control the Incandescent qualities of my hardware particles? After adding the per-obj Incandescent attribute, it appears at the bottom in the Extra Attributes section. But it’s ‘dead’ - how do i control it's value?

Many thanks
L

# 2 04-01-2005 , 03:46 AM
After you create the emitter. Select the type of particles it will emit. I don't think all particle types lend themselves to incandescence. Play foward a little. Select the particles being emitted. Open Attributes & select the shader created
( lambert, blinn . . .) There you will see incandescense. Also anywhere you see HSV adjust V for incandescense

# 3 04-01-2005 , 04:02 AM
Sorry, after re reading your post I think what you might be interested in is Luminosity Mapping. Possibly you want to create something like a rainbow soap bubble look. Try reflections of multiple lights. Vary their angles. Good Luck