Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-01-2005 , 01:22 AM

hi i wanna make some fluff

hi im pretty new to maya but ive now got use to doing the basic things. but im thinking of making my cartoon char in maya and his a hairy fluff ball tbh, so i wanna know how can i make hair [question mark]

ps- shift key is buggered and been to maya for 3 days now kind of user added image

# 2 14-01-2005 , 10:17 AM
Subscriber
Are you using maya complete or unlimited?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 04-02-2005 , 01:53 AM
if ur using maya unlimited use the hair tool in the dynamics bar and change the ammount of hair and stuff and the shape
but i dont know yet how to make it fluffy
sorry if that didnt help

# 4 04-02-2005 , 03:27 AM
For a "fluff ball", the fur tool might be better than hair.

# 5 04-02-2005 , 02:04 PM
hair has is nice though user added image, if you want to go mad you could do poly clip map method controlled with soft bodies and springs... but if your new it may be a bit too much work ? :S

FX supervisor - double negative