Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 10-03-2005 , 10:55 PM
a lot of those groups seem to have 1-2 decent songs that set them apart... then nothing. But they are already famouse and live off thier names. Happened with good charolette and Simple plan most noticably. Linkin Park is doing that lately too. But hopefully they will get over it.

Worst of all i think is Eminem, although hes Rap not punk hes got to be the worst, too many Eminem Fan-boys buy ALL his stuff as soon as it comes out if its good or not. His latest stuff IMO is garbage. Im not a fan of rap but his earlier stuff i could stand.. now ide rather listen to country(and i HATE country)...

Problem is no band is good forever. If you start sticking with one style.. you get accusing of doing the same thing over and over(Linkin Park gets blamed for this a lot). If you switch your style around a little you get accusing of stealing someone elses work who was doing what you switched to... Even if you do something original it might be too different from your original audience and they will say you sold out and so on... No way to win.

Too bad about blink though.. i actually liked adams song.

# 17 11-03-2005 , 02:46 PM
they had some good songs but I wont lose any sleep over them breaking up permanatley or not. And as for being "Musical gods"... not really by any stretch of the imagination user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 18 11-03-2005 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
Worst of all i think is Eminem, although hes Rap not punk hes got to be the worst, too many Eminem Fan-boys buy ALL his stuff as soon as it comes out if its good or not. His latest stuff IMO is garbage. Im not a fan of rap but his earlier stuff i could stand.. now ide rather listen to country(and i HATE country)...

I really HATE Eminem! He's such a hypocrit. Whenever he releases a new album, the first single is always about how he don't give a **** about what people think, 'cause he's oh so cool and all that, and then the next one some semi-sentimental bullshit... Best example is Without Me and Cleaning Out My Closet (or whatever they were called)

Not a big country fan myself, but Johnny Cash is pretty cool though user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 19 11-03-2005 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
Now after all this is said and done, I have even ventured into the world of song writing. I have just got through with the lyrics so any comments on how bad it sux or not will be...........helpful.

WHEN

SOMEDAY IT WILL END
SAY GOOD-BYE TO YOUR BEST FRIEND
LEFT ALONE OUT IN THE COLD
YOU STAY THERE TO GROW OLD

THAT’S THE DAY THE MUSIC WILL DIE
AND WHEN YOU LOOK UP TO THE SKY
YOULL ASK “WHY NOT ONE MORE TRY”
PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME HERE TO CRY

WHY DID HAVE TO ENDD
ONE MORE LETTER LEFT TO SENDDD
THERE GOES THE BEST OF THE BEST
NOW I LAY HERE DOWN TO REST
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME

ONLY A FEW LEFT TO CARRY ON
IT’S TOO BAD THAT THEY ARE GONE
A LIFE WITHOUT THE GODS
GROWING OLD DEAF

All I HAD LEFT NOW IS GONE
THIS AND THAT IS WHY I WROTE THIS SONG
GREAT MEMORIES IS ALL THAT’S LEFT
WHY DID THEY THROW AWAY THEIR GIFT

WHY DID IT HAVE TO ENDDDD
ONE MORE LETTER LEFT TO SENDDD
THERE GOES THE BEST OF THE BEST
NOW I LAY HERE DOWN TO REST
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The song was inspired of course by the possible ending of blink.

# 20 13-03-2005 , 06:32 AM
I think blink is alright, but as clever as the lyrics may be they dont come from anywhere. I like bands with a history where you know what there talking about when there singing, why they feel that way. Red hot chilli peppers is a prime example.
I also think there braking up cause they cant think of anything else to sing about. But to get over you lack of blink i would listen to a much better band called

The mars volta.

# 21 14-03-2005 , 05:05 PM
Subscriber
Hmmmm, this has turned into a bit of a band-bashing!! I think that music is a very personal thing. Whos to say what is and isn't a decent song? What one person hates, another person will love. I personally like some of Eminems stuff, and some Blink-182 stuff, and I don't really have a favourite band - if I like a piece of music I'll listen to it, if I don't like it, I won't.

.........actually, Phil Collins is one of my favourite singers, bet I get the p*** taken for that!! lol!

LisaG :p

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 22 14-03-2005 , 05:18 PM

...actually, Phil Collins is one of my favourite singers, bet I get the p*** taken for that!! lol!

And deservedly so!! user added image (ok he does have a couple of good songs user added image

user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 23 14-03-2005 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
LOL!

I agree with Lisa, people can't decide what music other people like, but still, people have the right the express their opinions...

I'm sure Eminem has made a few good songs (although The way I Am is the only one that comes to mind ATM), but IMO that doesn't make up for all the other stuff he's made. I should probably mention that I haven't heard one single song by him that hasn't been released as a single, but still, I can't stand him. And before anyone starts bashing me for "talking about something I know nothing about", that's his/the record companys problem, not mine. I'm not the type of person who go out and buy an album just because I've heard one song I like, unless it's a genre I usually like...

That being said, I'd like to think that I have a pretty broad taste in music that ranges from stuff like Damien Rice over Blink 182 to In Flames and Tool, and pretty much everything in between... There are just some things I can't stand, such as gangsta-rap (I'm not saying Eminem is gangsta-rap), profit-pop (pop with the sole purpose of making money, N*Sync, Britney and the likes)

Phew, that was a long one! user added image

I agree though, Phil Collings is an amazing singer user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 24 15-03-2005 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber

Music

This may seem a little deep or corny, it all depends on how you look at it. I see music though as another form of communication, another form of self expression. We all are different, music is just one of those things that helps express that. Now though (I have thinking about this alot) I am starting to wonder why we need to express the music we like. Is it for some stuck up self indulged reason, or is it part of us?

# 25 19-03-2005 , 01:16 AM
John Lennon - music at it's utmost.

Blink 182 - please fill my ears with cement.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 26 19-03-2005 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
John Lennon - music at it's utmost.

Blink 182 - please fill my ears with cement.

I would have thought BLINK-182 and The SIMPSONS would go hand and hand. Seeing as how blink even made a guest apearence on them.

# 27 19-03-2005 , 10:28 PM

Originally posted by alienscience
I would have thought BLINK-182 and The SIMPSONS would go hand and hand. Seeing as how blink even made a guest apearence on them.

And we talk about the simpsons why?

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 28 19-03-2005 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber
My guess would be the Homer Simpson avator... but I could be wrong. user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 29 21-03-2005 , 10:16 AM
i think what type of music we like is less personal than you might think. As people grow older and get exposure to a greater variety of music, i think you'll find individual musical tastes differ less and less and you just start to appreciate what is good. That is why there are some musicians that are timeless and pretty much enjoyed by anyone who listens to it. Think about some of the classics of the past 50 years. eg, led zeppelin, pink floyd, bowie, john lenon or whatever. I think there are very few people who can honestly say they hate this music (dispite a few crap songs). Compare that to blink182. Many many people (i dare say most people) find this music excruciating to listen to.
I don't think you'll see many people say past their teens that are really into blink 182 style punk music or most of the other pop of the time, and if you do they are probably people who just haven't had the fortune of being exposed to something better.

# 30 22-03-2005 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
Aidan, I see your opinion and where it is coming from. I agree partially. I feel that with a band like blink, our generation now (teens) can really relate to them. Thats what I think happened with your bands, pink floyd and all them. I really cant relate to them now, and on top of that I HATE TONED DOWN GUITARS. No offense, but people can relate to music and they will. Me and millions of other people relate to blink. You and millions of other people relate to the old rock. I know if I have kids when I grow up they will like other music, they will be like I am towards old rock. Its just time moving on and a new generation forming. But I still agree with your musicianship comment on led zeppelin and stuff. I dont think you would call blink that, they dont call themselves that, they are just a bunch of guys that have gone through what we have gone through and that helps us. I look at it as Led Zepilin(?) and Pink floyd as the blink of your age. All we want is something to connect to.