Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-03-2005 , 05:21 AM

nurbs problem...cartoon dog

i have this problem with my cartoon dog. There is a dimple like thing in the chin and im not sure how it got there and i cant get it out because there are a whole bunch of controll vertexs in the same spot.

https://img163.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...ge=maya1sn.gif

PLEASE HE[_P

# 2 24-03-2005 , 09:48 AM
Subscriber
Try adding an extra isoparm toward the end of his nose, maybe?? I'm not too great with nurbs myself.

LisaG user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 3 24-03-2005 , 09:49 AM
I'm not really sure how it's done in the tutorial, cause I kinda impatiently fast forwarded some parts when I watched it.
But I think you can just ignore it until you convert the NURBS to Polygons and then merge the vertices at the point.

# 4 24-03-2005 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber

Re: nurbs problem...cartoon dog

Originally posted by Briko03
i have this problem with my cartoon dog. There is a dimple like thing in the chin and im not sure how it got there and i cant get it out because there are a whole bunch of controll vertexs in the same spot.

https://img163.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...ge=maya1sn.gif

PLEASE HE[_P

ok, so use hulls, instead of CVs. and adjust the entire "ring" of CVs next to the dimpled area. You can pick walk through the hulls using the arrow keys to get to those hard to select areas.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 24-03-2005 , 04:55 PM
yeah, i canmove them but should this be happening, and what can i do to prevent it?

# 6 24-03-2005 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber
Just a matter of control the vertices more. The surface is defined by the CVs after all. Don't sweat it, you'll get the hang of it.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 7 24-03-2005 , 05:46 PM
So should i just leave them as is and fix them when converted to polygons or should i being doing something now?

# 8 24-03-2005 , 11:52 PM
Just ignore it at this stage. The NURBS shapes in tutorial are just to give the dog its basic shape. Later you'll convert them to polygons so you can merge and boolean union the seperate objects. Later again the whole dog will be converted to Subdiv to model it into its final shape. You'll fix this problem in later process.
I suggest you watch all 4 movies of the cartoon dog before you model along. This way you'd get the BIG picture. user added image

# 9 25-03-2005 , 10:12 PM
1. Try to rebuild the surface
2. Fix it when you convert to polys, do something like Polygons>Cleanup and merge some vertices.

if you can't move things around, clear the history on the object: Edit > Delete by type > History

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein