Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-05-2005 , 05:22 AM
Subscriber

How to unsmooth a smoothed object

In the Mech tutorial, the prof smooths and unsmooths polygons with a shortcut on his polygon tab of his shelf. However, my polygon options only include a smooth option and not its inverse. How (short of undo) can I reverse a smooth in Maya 6.0. For that matter, can one somehow remove any operation on an object somehow by removing it from the inputs stack?

Thanks,
pmachin.

# 2 11-05-2005 , 08:49 PM
there is a way to unsmooth in the poly options (forgot what its called), but it really sucks, so dont use it... i have seen scripts people have written that unsmooth, but maya doesnt have one, you would have to get a mel script probably..

edit: He's probably doing ctrl-z, which is undo..

Last edited by Billy_Cat; 11-05-2005 at 08:58 PM.
# 3 11-05-2005 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
ur better off just undoing

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 4 11-05-2005 , 09:37 PM
You can goto history. Find the smoothing command and change subdivisions from 1(or whatever you have set) to 0 (zero) and it will unsmooth.

# 5 25-09-2016 , 11:02 AM
3 for Smooth and 1 is Unsmooth

# 6 08-01-2018 , 05:17 AM

i found a decent fix

this worked for me. im the channel box (while the object is selected) click on inputs and then there should be one something like polysmoothface and then a number. under that set divisions to 0 and it should return to normal.

sorry for the late reply i was looking for help and i found a solution.