Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-06-2005 , 08:23 PM

rendering problems

Hello everyone. I am having a problem rendering out frames in maya 6. I will set the proper file extensions, folder destination, and quality. However, once I do the batch render, the status line says "Result: Rendering with Maya Software..." and it doesnt go a step farther. no images are rendered. The program continues to work, it doesnt crash or anything like that, it simply does not render. Are there any plugins that come with the program that I need to make sure are loaded? I tried using the other render options in maya, they turned out with the same result. I also uninstalled, then reinstalled, same problem. Can anyone help me on this?

# 2 12-06-2005 , 09:36 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
What exactly happens? No messages after "Result: Rendering with..."?

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 12-06-2005 , 11:21 PM
Try opening the script editor. Go to Window > General Editors > Script Editor. The progress of the render should be shown in that window.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 4 13-06-2005 , 12:50 AM
I looked in the script editor as well, and it did not log any information. there aren't any calculations being done, no results. i can do playblasts and test frames within the software just fine. its the batch render that im having promblems with. i check the folder destination for the frames....nothing. i have no idea whats going on.

# 5 13-06-2005 , 08:18 AM
look in the output window. That should tell you why it's aborting.

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 15-06-2005 , 10:07 PM
its not actually aborting. more like its not starting at all.

# 7 15-06-2005 , 10:14 PM
I've heard of problems like that. They're pretty funky. Sorry though, gave all I know about the problemuser added image

# 8 15-06-2005 , 10:23 PM
i appreciate all the help. ive done all i could to solve it but it just might be one of those things. i'll keep searching for solutions.

# 9 15-06-2005 , 10:30 PM
If I come across anything, I'll inform you. Lol, that is, if you haven't found it 2 years before me user added image

# 10 16-06-2005 , 10:23 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Well, try checking and modifying some settings on the render globals.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD