Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-07-2005 , 07:20 AM

Weeird problem...

After re-installing maya multiple times, I still have this problem.

After maya loads up and I attempt to create a new object (IE: Create>Polygon Primitives>Cube>[option box]), the option box opens. However, I cannot visably see any of the options. The options are still there, I just cannot see them.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance,
Kurokawa

note* I have already attempted the deletion of the preferences folder.

# 2 23-10-2005 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber

same problem here

Hi all,

after installing Maya on my new laptop computer I got the same problem as Kurokawa. I installed maya several times (versions 6 PLE, 6.0 and 7.0) on internal and external HDDs.

The screenshot shows the problem for the Convert NURBS to Polygons options (or lack of options...). However, in the Create NURBS menu the submenus appear correctly with Cylinder, Cone and Plane but not with the other primitives. :headbang:

The most frustrating fact is that Maya from the same installation disk runs (slowly but otherwise) without problems on my 4-year old athlon 1.4 GHz w/ 64 MB graphics.

PLEAZ HELPP!? Anyone?? user added image

-------------------------------------
DELL Precision M70
1.73 GHz Pentium M
Windows XP Professional SP2
1920 x 1280 TFT & 1600 x 1280 CRT (external), extendend desktop
1 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX Go 1400 (256 MB)

Attached Images
# 3 11-05-2006 , 03:46 PM
I have this same problem!! someone please help if you know how to fix this

# 4 11-05-2006 , 03:50 PM
Subscriber
have you deleted your prefs folder for maya ? that resets everything in maya back to normal . sometimes reinstalling doesnt delete it

# 5 11-05-2006 , 04:05 PM
that seems to have fixed it for some of the menus.. but for the options under polygons and a few others still aren't showing

Last edited by Flath12; 11-05-2006 at 04:09 PM.
# 6 11-05-2006 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber
it is usually in windows xp

my documents

then should see maya folder

then prefs .

i believe it should be there if you did defaults. i know for maya 7 it is

# 7 11-05-2006 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber
Hi all,

in my case, I finally found the solution to this problem.

On my computer the screen font size was set to larger than normal. Because of this the Maya menu options somehow weren't displayed at all.

I thought of this before but there were two independent ways of increasing the font size. I can't remember exactly, but I think one was the standard way via Windows system controls and another direct way via the video card. Windows' font control was set to "normal size" (as it was supposed to be), but the video card's setting was "enlarged". Once I reset both settings the problem disappeared.

cheers,
Christopher

# 8 11-05-2006 , 04:21 PM
Searhin.. thank you!!! wow this has been so annoying, and i just went into my video card options and set it to normal size.. and now its fine

# 9 11-05-2006 , 04:25 PM
Subscriber
flath12,
I know exactly how you feel... I've been through it, too ;-)