Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-07-2005 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber

hot key for toggling between text and camera views

Hi there all,
I have learned some pretty fancy things that you can do with your keyboard such as cycling through an hiearchy of bones or switching tools etc. Though when I am editing an attribute say for instance renaming a node, it is a real pain that I loose the functionality of these hot keys becuase the main focus is in the text box. For instance, say I want to rename a chain of bones that I have just created. Normally to cycle through the bones I would just use the up and down arrow keys. However, when I go to rename the selected bone and then hit the enter key, I then can't use the up or down arrow keys to cylce to the next bone. So to be able to go to the next bone I first have to click onto a camera view window. Then after clicking onto a camera view it deslects the active bone which I think is kind of dumb to even have hot keys if you can't use them after editing an attribute. So I wanted to know is their a setting that I could set that after hitting the enter key it gives me back the hot keys?

I tried looking in the help docs, as well as in the hot key prefrences but I can't seem to find anything on this.