Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-07-2005 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber

Extruding-faces won't stay together

Ok I've been trying to extrude, but for some reason the faces won't stick together and go into it's own direction. I already went to tools, keep faces together and it still does this. I was pretty confident that was the option to keep it together, but it did nothing. Is something wrong with maya or is what I'm doing is wrong?

# 2 28-07-2005 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber
Look for a little circle near the extrude icon, click it before extruding.

# 3 28-07-2005 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber
You did the right thing by keeping the faces together. However, sometimes you need to set the option then deselect the faces then reselect the faces - before the change in preferences takes place.

# 4 28-07-2005 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
When you do the extrude, if you look in the channel editor does "keep face..." say 1 or 0.

# 5 28-07-2005 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
I already know about the circle, it only changes the directions of the extrusions, but I tried the other 2 things you guys told me and it worked. Thanks. user added image

# 6 31-07-2005 , 04:54 PM
this happened to me once in a while, generally its when theres an extra edge between the two faces. Try to merge all verts and select surrounding edges and verts to see if the numbers dont line up.