Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-10-2002 , 02:49 PM
Subscriber

eeep modelling/skinning/rigging problem?

this is totally weird, it all worked fine when i skinned it up, but now, ive grouped the skeleton to itself, and i try rotating the group, but when i do so it deforms the mesh in a weird way and i dont know why user added image im sure all the CVs have weights when i skinned it cos i can translate the group in any direction and itll all be fine, no deformations, just when i rotate it

anyone know?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 26-10-2002 , 12:00 AM
SM Alumni
not off the top of my head, but you sure could use some more ram! 21mb free user added image

# 3 26-10-2002 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber
lol, i know, but i need ££££££ user added image
more ram = no deformation in model while rotating ? user added image

- Simon

# 4 27-10-2002 , 03:35 PM
Subscriber
heres a simplified version of my scene if you want to take a look
rotate the group above the root and you'll see the body deformations user added image

- Simon

# 5 27-10-2002 , 04:17 PM
Looks like you just have to weight the Cv's on his butt using the component editor. That should help. I'lll play with the scene and see what i can do for yeah sometime in the next few days.

Kurt

# 6 27-10-2002 , 04:34 PM
Subscriber
i thought when i skinned him i gave all the CVs a weight, how come when i translate none of the "non-weighted" cvs stay still? they all move with the model

- Simon

# 7 27-10-2002 , 06:37 PM
Try this file. I put a lattice around his whole mid sections and rotated it evey why I could. It seems to be much better. I hope its what you where asking for.

Kurt

# 8 27-10-2002 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber
there are a few problems with that, yes the deformation of the body has disappeared user added image but so has the ability to move his hand with the hand locator user added image
the hands wont move, and none of the clusters and locators in the upper body seem to be able to deform the mesh anymore user added image

- Simon

# 9 27-10-2002 , 07:14 PM
That's funny I didn't touch any of the locators I just played with the mind section. Shouldn't take you that long to get the locators moving the arms again just parent the locator to the arm IK. As for the cluster's I wouldn't worry about them, your skeleton is a very simple one with only a few spine joints it just as easy to rotate the spine joints to get the same look. Well at least the defromations are fixed.

Kurt

# 10 27-10-2002 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
well some of the clusters have animations user added image

how did you apply the lattice? cos id like to add it to my proper scene

- Simon

# 11 27-10-2002 , 07:34 PM
Just detach the belly, edit delete by type history. F8 on the belly pick all the CV's than go to animation tools set. Pick deform create lattic. Than in the hypergraph select the root, spine joints and head, shift select only the lattice and skin bind skin rigid bind. Make sure in rigid bind option box you have it marked for selected joints.

Kurt

# 12 28-10-2002 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber
thx kurt user added image
how do i add an object to a group?

- Simon