Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-09-2005 , 12:44 AM

ingraving Text with Booleans

I cant seem to accomplish this.. any help would be great, or in the text do i have to choose POLYGON instead of bevel? but i want a bevel user added image i cant seem to get this to be ingraved in to an object.

Im making a coffin and im making a text be ingraved in to the coffin, any help would be great.

when ever i selete both polygons and select > boolean>diffrence Everything dissapears.

Last edited by Deathskin; 03-09-2005 at 12:47 AM.
# 2 03-09-2005 , 01:58 AM
Try combining the entire word as one object first. Also, it may be the order in which you're performing the boolean. Just in case, the object that is going to have the hole in it is selected first.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 3 03-09-2005 , 02:02 AM
i combined the text to one object (selected both and Polygon>Combine) and i tryed every order of shift-clicking the booleans and it still deleted. I think the problem is getting the text as an object. Any help with making it an object (already tryed the Polygon>Combine) any other ways?