Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-10-2002 , 10:36 PM

moving isoparms

Hi guys, does anyone know if it's possible to move isoparms? I know you can insert new ones, rebuild surfaces, and move the hulls, but what if you want to move an existing isoparm to an exact location?

# 2 28-10-2002 , 10:47 PM
Hmm...I believe you can't actually move them but you can grab an isoparm and drag it along the surface (it shows as a yellow dotted line). Then you can Insert Isoparm there and delete the old one...

*edit*
You might want to delete the history before you remove the old isoparm...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!

Last edited by kbrown; 28-10-2002 at 10:50 PM.
# 3 29-10-2002 , 12:40 AM
so move/insert new isoparm, delete the history, and then delete the old isoparm? Just out of curiosity, why do you have to delete the history at that point in the process?

# 4 29-10-2002 , 07:41 AM
Well, I just did a quick test and it screwed up my model if I didn't delete the history...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 29-10-2002 , 01:47 PM
I delete by type only when im pretty much finished modeling a section or thing.

Kurt

# 6 29-10-2002 , 05:52 PM
That's pretty much what I thought, Kurt, but there are some times when a process just doesn't work correctly for me unless I delete history of an object. I wish I understood that a little better.