Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-09-2005 , 06:51 PM

Cartoon Dog Tutorial Problems

Hi im new to Maya (and to his forum). I recently started using Maya (i have 10 weeks to have the simple functions worked out for my Uni course)

I have viewed most of the free videos tutorials and just attempted to follow it. But ive bumped into a problem. When ive added my picture dog to the Plane (by using hypershade). After i have my picture in place and attempt to add a NURB sphere(for the head) the picture of the sphere is off the dog, and not the mattered colour of that from the video. Does anyone know how to change it? Ive tried to drag lambert colour to the sphere but that doesnt seem to work.

Sorry if this is a stupid question : | But this is my first time using Maya (or any of this type of program). So please be patient with me.

# 2 29-09-2005 , 07:15 PM
have you enabled shading?? press 5 think that might be it, if not put up a screen shot so we can see your prob.

cheers

# 3 29-09-2005 , 07:29 PM
Try holding right click on the object. Then, when you get the menu, go down to the Materials option and then go to Assign New Material and wait for it's dropdown menu. Select the Lambert option. This should work. If it doesn't, I dunno how to fix it.

By the way, if you're name is the Xel'Naga from Starcraft, you rock.

# 4 29-09-2005 , 07:37 PM
Thank you for your help. Ive found out the problem. Ive replaced the orginal Lambert with the dog image. Now to mess around with Nerbs : |

Yea it is Xel`naga thought id change the name to make it forum name friendly :p Starcraft one of my fav games. :p

# 5 29-09-2005 , 10:08 PM
Sweet. I heard they're deffinitaly gonna make a SC2. I hope it owns as much as SC.

# 6 30-09-2005 , 08:23 AM
Starcraft is/was great! Played many a thousand games on that (and costing a bomb using dial up!)

Have you seen the new Starcraft Ghost game? That looks like it could be great, especially if you can be grunts or even zergs in multiplayer! (not checked if you can).

Starcraft 2 would rock user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net