Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-10-2005 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber

general help + comments

hey ppl. i am doin the T-Rex tut and it is amazing, its really quite simple, advice is for every one to get it. (do i get points for plugin a tut??? user added image ) it has inspired me t make more in maya as i alsway thought things like that were going to be really comlicated.

ne who's my question is y do my keyboard shotcuts like w,e,r for tools ect stop working part of the time??

second> y does split polygon tool not always work, it goes part the way round an just stops and wont go ne further.

help me plz!!

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 2 21-10-2005 , 03:22 PM
The Maya Mountain
as for your shortcuts, make certain that capslock isn't on. That will cause keyboard shortcuts to not work.

For the split poly tool, there are a few rules for it to work. You have to make certain that your cuts are stopping on an edge, and that the edge you are making your next cut to is a consecutive edge on the surface and isn't being blocked by another edge.

Good luck.

# 3 21-10-2005 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
thanks for ur help it was the CAPS lock causing my problem. i ended up redoin the section where split poly wouldnt work and it works fine now it must have been some dogy edges or somethin like u said.
also wen i downloadthe toggle xray script ewhere do i put it(folder) and how do u trun it on?

many thx

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973