Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-11-2005 , 12:43 AM

problems with the batch render

i have a problem, when i use the batch render the command line
show that: "Error: cannot find an avaliable port"

please help me.

# 2 20-11-2005 , 01:52 PM
Probably your problem is that your comp is looking for an additional CPU to help render it, and when it can't find one, it says that it cant find the port. What you do is set Additional CPU's off in Render Globals.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 22-11-2005 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
i'm having this same problem, and i set the CPU usage to just 1 and it still says that it cant find a port grrr :headbang:

# 4 23-11-2005 , 05:36 AM
Try "Use all available CPUs" to let it automate it for you?

# 5 23-11-2005 , 06:30 AM
Subscriber
it was like that before and it still kept doing it, it has something to do with it trying to network render, and i read on the CGtalk board about someone having this problem and they saw that maya wasnt automatically booting up with mental ray on, i tried looking for that but i couldn't find it.