Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-12-2005 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber

pivot point problem

hi,

recently I must have pressed a button in maya without noticing. what It does now is that whenever I create a polygon, curve or anything else somwhere in the scene maya puts its pivot at the axis origin, instead at the center of my object or the beginning of my curve.
I know I can use the center pivot command, but is there any way of telling maya that it should put the pivot where it belongs and behave like it used to behave before I pressed this goddamn button I haven't found yet?

thanks for any help. And happy new year 2006 (in a couple of hours)

guten rutsch und prosit neujahr!

# 2 31-12-2005 , 05:12 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi center of the object is where it belongs by default and center pivot will put it back. if you want to put the pivot in a perticular place , select the object you want to move the pivot point on and then hit insert on the keyboard to locate it and then insert again to accept the new location.

hope this helps ..regards J.S.