Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 91 29-06-2006 , 10:47 AM
Banned
hey sir, thanks for showing how you have made ur movie.
Is this the same kind of rendering they used in the movie sky captain and the world of tomorrow. The movie reminds me of the movie.
Cheers

# 92 29-06-2006 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber
hey wta s up with the site now
i go to the tutan it sya s commin soon but it worked wen u first put it up

also with the custom hdri map
wen i render i find the file an its not reconised by nething
do u know y (soz for askin u but no respones on the site)?

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 93 29-06-2006 , 01:41 PM
Cheers guys!
meredith: As far as I know, most of the stuff was computer generated in Sky Captain... All action from the actors was shoot against a blue/green screen... So, yes. Im not sure which they used RenderMan or Mental Ray but I guess it really dosnt matter as long as the result comes out the way you want it! user added image

pbman: I think my service provider has had some problems so the site been up and down... Keep checking cause it appers to work now. As far as for the HDR image you need to have Photoshop CS2 or HDRShop to view the image. Will update the HDR section in a day or two, been really busy with other stuff!

Keep it up!

/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 94 30-06-2006 , 04:18 AM
You guys were talking about how to get good results for the propeller motion blur earlier . . . . I struggled with that for a while, then what I finally tried that worked was, I duplicated the propeller, rotated it so that the blades were evenly distributed, then rendered it that way. So you get good motion blur, and if you want to do a still shot, you can just make the copy invisible.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 95 30-06-2006 , 07:47 AM
Hey!
Yeah, thats one way!
One always learn more. To get a propper m-blur for, lets say for a propeller. Increase the nr of motions steps in MR renderer to about 6-7, that will give you a really nice m-blur but can be a bit slow. Decrease the RGBA Constrast Threshold as well!

/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 96 30-06-2006 , 12:40 PM