Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-01-2006 , 01:18 AM

uv texture editor

when i go to open the uv texture editor there is no grid at all to place my maps onto, the menu's at the top are all scrunched up as well so just what is going on?

i tried resetting the grid option and have searched around but don't know what is up.

total noob and sorry for asking a stupid question

# 2 31-01-2006 , 03:01 AM
could you please post up a screen shot of what you are talking about....i'm not quite sure what you mean... i have had display problems with the uv texture editor before, just wondering if its the same thing

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com
# 3 31-01-2006 , 08:27 AM
Same here, I got wierd results when viewing the uv editor when I had triple buffering(?) or something similar enabled on my ati gfx card.

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 4 01-02-2006 , 07:59 PM
i have actually managed to find a solution to my problem a few hours ago but first i'll just explain a little better what i meant.

when you open up the uv texture editor you are normally presented with the menu controls along the top of the screen and a grid on which you place your maps.
well, when i opened it up the menus at the top were all scrunched up to one side (closed/hide status) and there was no grid to see at all.

the solution seemed to be to delete my preference folder. As i'm a complete newcomer to maya (and computers in general if you have read my other posts!!!) i had no set preferences therefore it was no big deal to do this. After this, when i opened up maya and the texture editor everything was fine.

thanks for the replies chaps and i hope this helps some of you out. keep up the good work, this site is indeed a godsend for us students and enthusiasts and quite honestly i don't know where i'd be without it.