Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-02-2006 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber

suitable computer for maya?

I'm thinking of getting a new computer, since I am running maya from a 2year old ibook g4. It pisses me off that my computer is neither capable of using mental ray or the hardware renderer, because my graphics card is toooo shite, -and it's really slow.
So my question is, what would be a good machine to buy. Apple brought out this new quad processor g5 and you can put in some incredibly expensive graphics card. However it seems a bit too costy.
Would it be a good idea to go for something decent that lasts for some years?
Is it propably better to go for a PC? Where are the advantages/disadvantages mac vs. pc regarding the use of maya and considering the cost?
What would be a reasonable graphic card to get?

tell me what you think
thanx

# 2 01-02-2006 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
hey
well if u got the money go here boxx
best around latest 1 is 4 dual core procews ors with 64gig ram 7.5 trrabytes hard dive space but its pricey but they have cheaper 1s

i would personally build a pc its much cheaper and u get good specs my lats was areound 700-1000£ cheaper by building it ull propbly find actual os is most expensive also oing iy=t this way it will be easier to upgrade in years to come as u wll know what it can/cant handle

but make sure u get at least a couple gigs of ram it is a must

a decent pc will last a few yrs but remem no pc will state state of the art as new parts come out all the time making it impossible to have the best

but mainly go with what you can afford

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973