Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-02-2006 , 04:21 PM

General 3d question

I am begining to learn maya. I have completed a few tutorials and am getting to know the controls and my way around. My question is probably for the creators of this sites since they have others for other programs. Is Maya really the best program to try and learn? Does it have more functionality then the others? I know that you can model, render, and animate but is it missing anything. I'm asking this because to get everyone elses opinion. I want to learn a universal program so that I don't get backed into a corner where my skills are not useful.

# 2 10-02-2006 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber
I think it's commonly appreciated that you shouldn't stick to one software if you're looking to get into the business, as different studios use different software. Maya has both advantages in some areas and disadvantages in others compared to other programs, but at the end of the day it all comes down to the user, not the software...

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"