Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-01-2006 , 02:44 AM
Subscriber

UV Texture Editor Error Msg

trying to load up texture editor and getting this error msg:

// Error: file: M:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/scripts/others/textureWindowCreateToolBar.mel line 1173: Object not found: polyTexturePlacementPanel1 //
// Error: file: M:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/scripts/others/texturePanel.mel line 361: Object not found: polyTexturePlacementPanel1 //

any idea what this means?!! first time ive had this problem with maya.

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 2 12-02-2006 , 08:43 PM
I don´t know much about mel, but you could try something. change your script. replace
"polyTexturePlacementPanel1" in line 1173 and 361 with "TextureViewWindow" and save it. then reopen maya.

if that doesn´t work try this: in the scriptEditor check "Echo All Commands". now open the textureEditor by using maya´s GUI.

doing so my SE says:

editMenuUpdate MayaWindow|mainEditMenu;
TextureViewWindow;
tearOffPanel "UV Texture Editor" "polyTexturePlacementPanel" true;
addTextureWindow polyTexturePlacementPanel1;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel1;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel2;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel3;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel4;
buildPanelPopupMenu graphEditor1;
buildPanelPopupMenu polyTexturePlacementPanel1;
// Result: polyTexturePlacementPanel1Window //

//closing the textureEditor//
removeTextureWindow polyTexturePlacementPanel1;

I know this sounds weird, cause by default textureEditor is panel1. if you have another panelnumber, let´s say polyTexturePlacementPanel23, change this number in your script. that might be of no help at all, but whenever I have a prob I take a close look to what the SE says. SE is a real great improvement for troubleshooting.

cheers!

# 3 13-02-2006 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber
oo cheers for ya reply, forgot to update this. i found out what the problem was... i was running an old maya 6.0 scene file with maya 6.0 preferences dumped into maya 7.0 (copied preferences file over) which was not a good idea cause some of the settings conflicted with others. everytime i ran texture editor it wouldnt load, same when i tried render view and which for some bizzare reason the title bar stated "render panel 1" apposed to render view...

i sorted it out by copying the models and scene objects from the old file to the windows clipboard and then pasted it in a fresh maya 7 window, worked fine since. not sure what the exact cause was.

i took your advice and re-created a script that would force those settings in the event i get that error again. Thank you for the tech support!

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)