Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-02-2006 , 12:27 AM

3D Head out of text? how can this be done?

Hi everyone.
I am trying to manipulate a body of text into a 3D head.
That is; i wish for my lines of text to spiral accross and around the head, following the contours of an already generated 3D model, But for the head model to be removed leaving a ghostly impression of the face.

I have started by making a model of a head then i think i need to play around with the UV MAP but i am new to 3D design programs and have got stuck. I am using Lightwave but would be willing to change to 3D Max or MAYA.
Can anyone help me out?

# 2 22-02-2006 , 04:33 AM
I would probably use a transparency map so that only the text is visible on the surface

I hope I was helpful...

# 3 22-02-2006 , 11:55 AM

3d typo head

Thanks ww3ace.
I know this is a dumb question, but i am very new to 3D design, how would this be done?
Or if this is a complex solution, could you point me to any good tutorials related to the subject?

Many thanks again user added image

# 4 22-02-2006 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

there is a free tut on this site that you may be able to adapt to your needs. It is a good intro to transparency mapping anyway.

Look for Alpha channels in the free tuts section,

cheers,
mic