View Poll Results: Do you love this drawing?
No, it sucks 3 10.71%
Yeah 25 89.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-05-2006 , 07:11 PM

Who else loves this drawing?

Who else loves this drawing? I really wish I could draw stuff like that

# 2 06-05-2006 , 07:12 PM
sorry, this is the drawing

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 06-05-2006 , 08:40 PM
Its that evil red dude on Warcraft 3, I think Tichondrias was his name... haven't played that campaign in a LOOONG time.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 08-05-2006 , 11:53 PM
=D yeah, I think it was Tichondrius, maybe Sargeras? who knows...

# 5 11-05-2006 , 08:55 PM
it's not exactly the type of subject I like, but surely it's a masterpiece! :bow: I wish I had that talent, too! but maybe he/she is a pro? if not, he/she's really a talented person! :attn:

xx- Masteryoda's Girlfriend -xx
<i>I'm ur fan #1, Mark!!!!</i>
Masteryoda's Fanlisting
MSN: luanaxmark@hotmail.com
DeviantART: LuanaTF
# 6 12-05-2006 , 12:07 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, Chris Metzen is currently the Lead Writer and Designer at Blizzard for World of Warcraft and he had heavy influences in the previous Warcraft games and Starcraft.

# 7 22-05-2006 , 12:48 AM
aww man starcraft... i surely hope we get some awesome art(and gameplay) in a possible starcraft 2 because warcraft art is great...

# 8 22-05-2006 , 01:30 AM
I loved starcraft when I used to play it

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 9 22-05-2006 , 07:55 PM
Too true to all of that.

mtmckinley: yes, this is one of Chris Metzens pieces. I really like his art, with all of the over-exagerated sizes of the muscles and hands and feet.

If you want to see more Warcraft/Starcraft/Misc. art visit the site of the famous artist of Blizzard

www.brothersofthestorm.com

I really like Samwises.

Anyways, Chris Metzen is the lead WRITER also? I thought he only drew... user added image I have a LOT more of Samwises and Metzens art if anyone would like some as desktop/screensavers or whatever.

luanatf: what do you mean this isnt exactly the subject you like to talk about user added image? Although I dont have World of Warcraft(WoW) I do have all the other Starcraft/Warcraft games.

Also, Twisteddragon33: There is not a second starcraft(other than the expansion; Broodwar) that I know about, there is a fan-lead thing going on called Project Revolution; a remake of Starcraft. Still all the same missions(maybe more ? user added image hopefully!) but all the graphics are now 3d, and beefed up.

Good luck to them!

bobalie

Last edited by bobalie; 22-05-2006 at 07:58 PM.
# 10 22-05-2006 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber
It is pretty impressive! Drawing like this needs a lot of skill. There are a couple of guys on my course who can draw nearly as good as this.
But it is not realy my taste either. Sure it is nice to look at and perfect in any way, but somehow.... tsss I don't know I guess I like the rawness of rough sketches were you still see lots of unused outlines. Also like the honesty of those. I always thought very finished pieces lack a bit of the dynamic a quick sketches have.

# 11 24-05-2006 , 02:51 AM
hmm I shall ponder that.

what course is it that your talking about?

# 12 24-05-2006 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber
I'm doing a BA in illustration. I can draw ok, but some people just have the gift of imagening stuff and drawing it from their mind without actually having to have any reference at all. Again I can do this to an extend, but when it comes to funny angles, muscle groups or similar difficult things I have to look at some reference. But as I said some people just spit it out.

# 13 08-06-2006 , 09:49 PM

Originally posted by bobalie

luanatf: what do you mean this isnt exactly the subject you like to talk about user added image? Although I dont have World of Warcraft(WoW) I do have all the other Starcraft/Warcraft games.

hi! =) sorry for the late reply, but anyway... I didn't mean the subject of the topic, I mean the subject of the drawing :p I'm not very fond of warriors or demons characters ^^ eheh But I love how it is drawn, and the details, and... I'm jealous, cause I attend to a course to become a comic artist, I'm just at the first year and I would pay everything to draw like that :bow: That's it. ^_^

xx- Masteryoda's Girlfriend -xx
<i>I'm ur fan #1, Mark!!!!</i>
Masteryoda's Fanlisting
MSN: luanaxmark@hotmail.com
DeviantART: LuanaTF
# 14 13-06-2006 , 01:04 AM
ahh yes me to.

# 15 15-06-2006 , 09:08 PM
Great drawing! I wish I could draw like that...