Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 166 02-03-2009 , 05:37 PM
Cheers Muarmbi, much appreciated. Still going to need to do some work on the textures but think it is coming together.

user added image

Last edited by leonlabyk; 03-03-2009 at 09:32 AM.
# 167 02-03-2009 , 07:11 PM
Subscriber
Looking so much better - yes the character needs some work but it still 200% better.

Is that tut really worth £15 ($20) - is it a download or watch online ????

# 168 02-03-2009 , 07:27 PM
Well he gave it to me for free in exchange for the use of the joker model. He also has loads of free models and stuff for grabs and think the tutorial is the only thing he is charging for, and would say it was worth the money if you want to fully understand the process he uses. The tut is a download and think it also includes a couple of models and textures to work with.

To give you a rough idea though the process used involves setting up layers and rendering off the outline seperately to the toon shaded and comping them together in photoshop.

# 169 02-03-2009 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber
Thats sounds like a sound investment then.

I was think if it did not come with any thing but a link to a online video then I would not bother.

# 170 20-04-2009 , 06:30 AM
Unfortunately I have no work at the moment but on a + side I finally managed to get some animation done of Tetsuo. The street scene is not by me although I am adding to it as this is going to be the look of the back streets. I am currently modeling sol (the space station that fires on Tetsuo) and the rest of the cityscape for Neo Tokyo. Hope to try and get 1.30 of animation for my portfolio and hope it will get me an intern position somewhere.

https://leonlabyk.cgsociety.org/gallery/754105/