Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-05-2006 , 02:01 AM
Subscriber

how do you make your project an image to post

i want to post something on this forum for help but i dont know how to create an image file from my maya project to post. i can only save file

# 2 13-05-2006 , 03:59 AM

posting images

1. go to this link and grab the fastasicle mental ray template that Tiddles sent me (ii is in the first couple of posts).

https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthr...threadid=21475

2. import it into your scene and follow the instructions in the post that has the template. It's pretty strait forward but you need to know a tiny bit about rendering. Be sure to set the render output format to something other then .iff (I usually pick Targa).

3. The result will be in the image folder or the mentalray/image folder depending on your version of Maya.

4. Bring that image into photoshop or some similar package like photpaint and resave it for the web (usually in jpg or ping format)

5. then just go to the forum you want and in the attach file section of the message area browse to the COMPRESSED image file (Please don't upload a raw output). I try to go with 640x480 res images. I'll go 1024x768 on renders that I want to show more detail in.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rick M

# 3 14-05-2006 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
i went to the link u gave me and the link IN that link doesnt take you anywhere to learn how to do that. someone please show me instructions.

# 4 16-05-2006 , 12:22 PM
Subscriber
well the easiest way for me is maybe the long way ..I just hit

open what you want to take a picture of ..click mouse to make sure that window is selected

then use the keyboard keys -- alt + print screen

then go to start and run
type in mspaint
hit okay

then i hit the ctrl + V button, on the keyboard , and it puts your picture there in mspaint. then i hit the dotted square box and use the mouse to make a box around the image

then i go inside the little dotted box, put the little dot box around things you want in the picture , i made and left mouse click and pick copy

then i go to file and new and it opens new box
then i just hit ctrl and V, on the keyboard ...it paste it
then i just go to file and save and i give it a name and then make sure it says save as .jpg.

that is just one of many ways ...to just take a pic real quick too post

you can also render a pic but that is alittle more complicated ..hope this helps .confused just let me know. this way can be use to just get point across i use this method ... unitil i am totally finished with project then i do what is listed above or a few other methods

Last edited by mmoore5553; 16-05-2006 at 12:27 PM.
# 5 16-05-2006 , 01:44 PM
Just render a picture at 640 X 480 using the default render set up, for a quick fix

# 6 16-05-2006 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber

Last edited by mmoore5553; 16-05-2006 at 01:59 PM.
# 7 16-05-2006 , 01:55 PM
Ahh....

# 8 16-05-2006 , 10:40 PM

What I do...

Another way that works for me is to open the render view (WINDOW - RENDERING EDITORS - RENDER VIEW).

Now in the RENDER menu - select RENDER - PERSP (to render the perspective view)

The resulting image will be a 600x480 software rendered scene. If you are using the mentalray template I posted ( https://dhost.info/tiddles/mentalray.zip ), then you can change the rendering type from Maya Software to mental ray.

Note: depending on your PC & and the complexity of your scene, the mental ray image can take a while to generate. I have had single mentalray frames that took over 10 mins & thats with a 3.2gig P4 with 1.5gig ram. user added image

Now, to save this for web posting go to FILE - SAVE IMAGE and select JPEG as the file type. You should now have a .jpg under 100KB which is ideal for this forum.

Hope this helps...

# 9 17-05-2006 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber
thanks i got it. its easier doing alt print screen. thanks a lot

# 10 17-05-2006 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber
no problem ..it usually is ...glad you got it ..also i wrote what i thought on your dragon so far ..keep it up and would love to see it ...