Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-05-2006 , 10:34 PM
Junior FX TD

Modelling figures in Clouds- any help?

Hi, my Maya experience is relatively limited and was hoping someone might be able to give me some help with something. I'm trying to find the best way to model figures in clouds which can be animated with human like movements whilst still looking like they are clouds. Similar to the British Airways advert where the dolphins are jumping through the clouds. Here is a link to see the advert I mean: https://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=32766

Does anyone have experience of this or any ideas? or am I being too unspecific?

Thanks for the help, its much appriciated.

-Harry

# 2 18-05-2006 , 03:01 AM
Subscriber
Cloud particles in and around a transparent frame worked for me once. I was doing the exact same thing for a friends film project. I tried doing something with Maya Fluids but at the time i didnt know it enough. Fluids can be used to fill an animated model, but you will need to have some time for render for that.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 19-05-2006 , 06:30 PM
yeah, that sounds about right. I don't know much about fluids, so I couldn't help you there, but I can tell you this - they not only tend to take a while to render, but they can also take a long time to sim as well. I've experimented with the clouds-inside-a-model thing, and it works at least decent. Endorse that suggestion, I do.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 4 19-05-2006 , 07:17 PM
Junior FX TD
Cheers for the help guys, its much appreciated. Ill check out your suggestions!

# 5 19-05-2006 , 07:23 PM
# 6 26-05-2006 , 02:32 PM
Woah, awesome add. I want to go on a plane now user added image

good luck with the clouds, tell how it goes, because I would like to make some clouds too.

bobalie

Last edited by bobalie; 29-05-2006 at 04:44 PM.