Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-05-2006 , 06:49 AM

h2o help

can any1 give me a hand and tell me how do i create water or a pond in maya 7.0 ple. thanx for the help

# 2 20-05-2006 , 07:38 AM
Subscriber
did you look at the tutorials that come with maya??... there is a tutorial on making an ocean.
just hit F1 when in maya.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 3 20-05-2006 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber
you can't make water in maya ple.

# 4 20-05-2006 , 07:41 PM
Use a plane wnd then use soft bodies with springs, when you use a filed to interact with the particles then you can make a decent looking pond with slight ripples etc.

Or you can use realflow, theres a free demo of it on the website (just do a google for it). It might be a bit of an overkill though, depending on what you want.

# 5 23-05-2006 , 01:16 AM

this is what i did

I made a little dish shape. I then created an ocean and made it really small to fit the inside of the dish. I turned the waves and cresting of the ocean way down, made the color very light and transparent.

When I rendered it, it didn't look too bad.....for a newbie.

I suppose there are better ways.......

# 6 23-05-2006 , 02:17 AM
Subscriber
take a screenshot and upload it, thanks.

# 7 23-05-2006 , 03:51 AM

my electrophysiology setup

i was making a little electrophysiology set up animation where i record from brain slices.

This is one exported frame from my animation. The liquid in the wells has little waves that I can turn down and make more transparent. If I zoom in under the waves, I can see what looks like an underwater reflection on the surfaces below.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 23-05-2006 , 02:15 PM
Cool little scene

Thats a cool way to do it if you have maya unlimited but the guy only has the PLE version that dosent include the ocean and the pond tools so you have to figure a way round it.

# 9 23-05-2006 , 02:27 PM

Oh, I sea

Gotcha. Thats right. I guess I have a few of those tools from Maya unlimited.

If I think of another way, I'll try it.

I would like to make something like a wine glass that can move and have the liquid slosh around inside. Obviously a still volume set to transparent can be placed inside the glass and made to look like liquid in a still scene, but in a moving clip it won't slosh around like liquid.

Anyone know how to do this?

p.s. i am glad you think it looks cool. I am really a newbie and wonder sometimes how bad I suck..........we all get better I guess

# 10 23-05-2006 , 02:34 PM
You can use realflow for very realistic water etc, I think theres a free trial version that you can download.

As I suggested you can create a water like effect using softbodies etc, in the PLE and complete.