Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-06-2006 , 11:47 AM

blend shapes

hello chaps!

i've modelled this fish a bit too enthusiastically at around 9000 polys and my problem is this;

i'm trying to use blend shapes in order to turn this fish from a baby fish into the fish in the pic.

from what i've been told i model the big fish first and then create a blend shape from the duplicate. by scaling the vertices i can make it smaller but i want to get rid of the pregnant belly and make it more baby like. now there's far to many vertices to do this by hand so i wondered if there's some kind of deformer or another method that may help?

thanks in advance

vin209

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-06-2006 , 12:38 PM
You could use a lattice to deform it or the artisan tools?

# 3 01-06-2006 , 05:37 PM
yeah- lattice or wrap deformer

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 01-06-2006 , 06:24 PM
lattice or wrap deformer, righto chaps. thanks for this one, wasn't sure what would work with the blend shape so this has saved me a bit of time.

top stuff

vin209

i'll post updates in WIP soon (mondayish) if you are interested