Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-08-2006 , 01:20 AM

yellow verts in object mode, cant use split polygon tool

when ever my model is in object mode, there are yellow verts where all my verts are, the yellow verts are not selectable because of this my split polygon tool will not work, dose anyone know what this is and how to get rid of the problem, picture of model below any help would be greatly apperciated

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 2 27-08-2006 , 01:21 AM
maybe i'm a little quick on the draw, but there's no picture.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 27-08-2006 , 01:27 AM
THERE!!!!!!!!! XD

Attached Thumbnails

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 4 27-08-2006 , 01:46 AM
well one thing you could try is go into component mode, (by pressing F8) and then right clicking on the 'Points' button (looks like a black box next to a black dot) and make sure poly vertices has an X in the box. if there's no X then it won't let you select poly vertices.

also just to make sure, next to the points button is the 'set the component selection mask' button, it looks like a stack of two equal signs with a down-pointing triangle between them... left-click on that, and make sure that you pick 'all components off'. then choose just points mode and see if you can select your vertices then.

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 27-08-2006 , 02:00 AM
nope, they're still there. Thanks for the reply though. Everything seems right but they're still there.
:headbang: