Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-12-2006 , 12:30 AM
Acid44

maya to 3ds eporter/importer

i need a maya to .3ds exporter/importer plugin so i can finish my brothers game can someone please post a link to one for me

thanx in advanceuser added image

Last edited by Acid44; 05-12-2006 at 03:03 AM.
# 2 05-12-2006 , 04:54 PM
What version of maya are you in? If its 8 i thinik that one of the upgardes from 7 was the inclusion of an autodesk format so that you can go between max and maya, having said that ive never tried it as im on maya 6, so i couldent say if its any good or not.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 06-12-2006 , 04:20 AM
Acid44
im on maya 7 so ill look into that upgrade

BTW: what about exporting to game file cause thats what i really need to do so is there software packages i can get for that?user added image

Last edited by Acid44; 06-12-2006 at 04:24 AM.
# 4 06-12-2006 , 10:41 AM
Exporting to game?

Uhm... which game? UnrealEngine runs ActorX...?

# 5 06-12-2006 , 01:40 PM
Senior Software Developer
Best to use the FBX export/import tool for Maya and Max (only if you have Max tho, or someone who can import it).

Other than that Maya 8 allows export to 3ds, but Maya 7 has no native export tools for 3ds. Have a gander at Autodesks "The-Area" site and see if there is anything in there.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 06-12-2006 , 07:47 PM
Acid44
im not doing the actual game modeling in max im doing it in a free ware program called z modeler which can import max files i just figured it would be easier to model in maya convert to 3ds and import to zmodeler to make the dummys and collision files

the models need to ultimately be in vice city's .dff format...
pain in the ass:headbang: