Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-12-2006 , 12:48 AM
Acid44

cell phone ad

alright i need ideas for things that could happen in a cell phone ad ive got 2 weeks and no idea what it will be about all i know is this:

Company: Celtel Nigeria

Products: cell phones

Length: 1 min 20 seconds

any one got any ideas?

im desperate:shakehead

EDIT: oh ya and he wants me to design my own phone so that ads to it...

Last edited by Acid44; 21-12-2006 at 01:04 AM.
# 2 21-12-2006 , 03:46 AM
Subscriber
Have two people in high rise building yelling out to eachother or having a loud conversation and then have one pull out the phone. That or show very quick flashes of the phone while people are dancing in a club.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 21-12-2006 , 08:48 AM
Nice idea some guy!

Just this off the top of my head: You could have two cavemen, trying to talk (making caveman sounds) using the cup and string method without much success. And then a modern day person walks into the scene and hands them the cell phone....

...which they then attempt to eat!

sorry if it's a bit crap, but I just got into work, so I am not firing on all cylinders just yet!

# 4 22-12-2006 , 01:35 AM

Just this off the top of my head: You could have two cavemen, trying to talk (making caveman sounds) using the cup and string method without much success. And then a modern day person walks into the scene and hands them the cell phone....

I liked your idea so far, exept it has to be a promotional ad.... so what about:
2 men in cubicles who look like they´re talking to eachother on the phone but when u zoom in on that phone u see that it´s the cup-string thingie, then when u get outside u walk across a market and u picture all the marketpeople as cavemen who are shouting at eachother.

At that moment a civilized person comes into view, catches the phone that is falling from the sky ( while an UFO is flying away)

And then with big letters : Stop Living in the past, Step into the future with Celtel Nigeria Cellphones.

(please don´t shoot me for this, i´m at work but haven´t slept all night cause of bad chinese food last night user added image

01001011011101010111011101100101011001010110101101 10010101100101
# 5 22-12-2006 , 07:48 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by SilverBlood
I liked your idea so far, exept it has to be a promotional ad.... so what about:
2 men in cubicles who look like they´re talking to eachother on the phone but when u zoom in on that phone u see that it´s the cup-string thingie, then when u get outside u walk across a market and u picture all the marketpeople as cavemen who are shouting at eachother.

At that moment a civilized person comes into view, catches the phone that is falling from the sky ( while an UFO is flying away)

And then with big letters : Stop Living in the past, Step into the future with Celtel Nigeria Cellphones.

(please don´t shoot me for this, i´m at work but haven´t slept all night cause of bad chinese food last night user added image

hey man i really like that idea but i thought of one today if it doesn't work out I'll use that heres mine

im gonna model a freakin huge city full out and have it so a guy is in his car talking on the phone then he throws it to another guy while in the air the phone will change to another phone and it will warp to another area further in time this will happen three or four times until someone doesn't catch the phone and it gets crushed by a bus then the phone will cry while it proceeds to drag itself away by its own wires

but at the end i will use that quote either wayuser added image

watcha think???

# 6 22-12-2006 , 07:51 PM
er... two weeks... you better get onto it.

# 7 22-12-2006 , 07:55 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by arran
er... two weeks... you better get onto it.

im getting help from nerds at school plus i can probably get an extension(pray)

sory if i spell anything wworng im kindw really plastred

# 8 23-12-2006 , 12:46 PM
i like the idea of people getting smashed by a buss...... but don't u think that everyone who doesn't use the phone should be hit by the buss? like everytime a dude gets hit by a car, and then throws the phone in the air(changing into a different phone, another dude catches it, and also gets hit by a bus... and so forth, untill it gets the final shape ( the cellphone u're advertising) and the bus drives itself of a cliff (near to the person with the cellphone)

Celtel Nigeria

The phone u should use for your own safety.......

01001011011101010111011101100101011001010110101101 10010101100101
# 9 25-12-2006 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber
haha all of them ideas are crazy! wow two weeks, you dont have alot of time to spare and muck around in, good luck acid user added image by the way, is this a project from university or a company? etc

marlon

# 10 25-12-2006 , 07:47 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by SilverBlood
i like the idea of people getting smashed by a buss...... but don't u think that everyone who doesn't use the phone should be hit by the buss? like everytime a dude gets hit by a car, and then throws the phone in the air(changing into a different phone, another dude catches it, and also gets hit by a bus... and so forth, untill it gets the final shape ( the cellphone u're advertising) and the bus drives itself of a cliff (near to the person with the cellphone)

Celtel Nigeria

The phone u should use for your own safety.......

what kinda sicko....

i meant that the phone would get crushed by the bus then i would animate it crawling away crying...somehow

its a test from a company

# 11 26-12-2006 , 10:26 PM
Subscriber
Is it a good idea to have the people in cars while talking on the phone?

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 12 27-12-2006 , 09:53 AM
if you're trying to promote the company i don't think it would be a good idea to show that their phones can be run over by a bus and smashed... when buying a phone everyone wants to start with the assumption that their phone is invincible. that's why they're always amazed when it gets destroyed by being run over, dropped off the roof, accidentally put through the wash, etc.

tossing the phone to new people each time would be cool, but i think it would be safest to go with a cartoon look so that way nobody's distracted by a bad-looking photorealistic human... that, and animating a toss-and-catch is a little complicated, especially if you're going to morph/warp the phone in midair. decent compositing could solve that problem, but still... i think it would be easier to just throw it off screen, and in the next shot have it come from off screen same flow. either way, it's really ambitious for only 2 weeks.

does the entire thing need to be 3d animation?

Accept no substitutions.
# 13 27-12-2006 , 10:48 AM
Subscriber
ey acid btw, can you post the video when your finished if you dont mind .. i wanna have a look, hehe user added image