Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 30-01-2007 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber
most of the tuts I see are legitimate and are used at the TAFE digital centre in SA. They buy them for their lectures, or to make similar ones, I dont know really why?? talking out of turn here but thats where I have seen them. I have never seen any on P2P, most are digi tutors or the other mob??

so..?? that brings up another question, is it illegal to share tuts with friends who can not afford them?? People who could not do maya without the help of friends?? where is the money line drawn?? due respect to SM of course and not forgetting 'the dark side.. user added image user added image '

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 30-01-2007 at 09:57 PM.
# 32 30-01-2007 , 09:45 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by mirek03
far out, thats amazing, really.., did you learn that at school, I know some people learn that at school?

i learned a bit at school during tech class when i was supposed to be doing autocad but i dont know if that counts

other than that its all been just messing around with the config and save files, figuring out the encoding they use and such

# 33 30-01-2007 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
I understand, sometimes it is just necessary.

# 34 31-01-2007 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber

so..?? that brings up another question, is it illegal to share tuts with friends who can not afford them?? People who could not do maya without the help of friends?? where is the money line drawn?? due respect to SM of course and not forgetting 'the dark side.. user added image user added image ' [/B]

Got no idea myself where SimplyMaya stand on this issue(too lazy to look, to be honest), at the other site I mentioned previously you must go though a 'cllick-through-contract' each time you acces the videos. In that, it is stated that while the owners of the copyright don't mind you downloading it and sharing it with your friends, they do have a problem with it being posted in publicly accessable places on the internet.

In the end, it's only piracy if you're doing something that the copyright owners prohibit (if in fact, the law permits them to make that prohibition.)

# 35 31-01-2007 , 01:50 PM
Senior Software Developer
Well, Let me tell you about a little incident I reported to SM and DT and Gnomon.

I was on EBay looking for 2nd hand Maya Tutes found one guy very well priced. So I ordered it.

It arrived and it was rip of of Simply Maya, Digital Tutors & Gnomon. Came in as 5 DVD's and they didnt even work. They had a corrupt burn.

So I emailed Kev at the time and told him. Gave him the Guys email, ebay number & the thread. I also informed DY and Gnomon. Although I did not know what action was taken by DT or Gnomon. Kev did respond and say they would persue it.

Don't know the outcome.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 36 31-01-2007 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
the money you used there would have been better spent at TAFE my friend, for $200 I got the run of what I want with a great teacher who became my friend, even if he is too busy to teach user added image He makes the tuts that TAFE use, plus they use e few digi tut s so I guess they got a deal there because there is no way a gov org is going to do anything illegal, ethics is a big issue in the media world, no?

but as to the post.., WOW?? I am amazed, considering everything I have come across in my day. (here and elsewhere) eyes wide shut!

second hand maya tus?? is that allowed, to give them away or resell them , you mean some guy who made up some tuts, you risked money on that?? I've got some great desert land here for sale too user added image

# 37 01-02-2007 , 02:59 AM
Acid44

I understand, sometimes it is just necessary.

my teacher didnt think so, when he caught me i got suspended for two weeks for installing vice city and messing up their computers (other fun we had[linux is great!!!])

they finally found out after about three weeks and right after i figured out the codes and memorized it that i was on the wrong computeruser added image im good:bandit:

# 38 01-02-2007 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber
your BAD BAD BAD user added image

# 39 01-02-2007 , 04:13 AM
Acid44
lol yupuser added image

but hey at least i found what i was looking for and they had no clue what happened to their machine:bandit:

# 40 02-02-2007 , 03:41 AM
Subscriber
"what do you mean, i thought hacked was when people look for credit card numbers and stuff like that, no game I ever heard has 'credit' except a pinball machine?"

haha, people hack alot of games not for money but to better them selfs in beating other players and getting the most kills etc.

dont know if someone already replyed to this but coudnt really see anything soo yeah,

marlon

# 41 02-02-2007 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber
i wouldn't know user added image the only game I ever played was 'heroes' the flight combat simulator from code masters, i could never get past the first plane, though there seemed hundreds on offer, bombers, zeros (even as a bonus I couldn't get it to work or seen show up as a usable plane??) so i dumped it and have never got a game since, I paid for it, not P2P. There is not enough time to play games and learn how to 'get to the next stage so i can fly a bomber' so i understand hacking a game to get more kills. my experience with that game has made me wary of any game. it was good but to never get past the Mustang?? well, it was disappointing, i played i for 6 months. I find them totally ridiculous. user added image

# 42 21-02-2007 , 08:37 AM
Subscriber
interestingly, looking through the P2P sites as usual to see what I can find, there used to be HEAPS of maya stuff, now there is hardly any. Im glad I spent that six months downloading when I did, thought I was being obsessive (who me??) but seems I got in just in the nick of time.., so for those who were worried about how who got for free, dont worry anymore, all of the maya stuff is gone, it will be torrents from now on (my grand prediction) until VISTA finds more ways to 'phone home' and get 'the bad guys', making billy boy.., a good guy?? ha?? what?? now Im confused?!

# 43 21-02-2007 , 05:00 PM
Hey Mirek, have you got Vista? Uni's got some versions, never used it, looks nice though! If you dont want it to phone home then sitck with apple!

On vista does it still have the ironic problem I had with XP that I couldent connect to the internet (it was a probelm with BT, my ISP, who wouldent admit that the problem was at the exchange) so I tired the support files that ran through some stuff, that didnt work that then said......

"If your still having problems click here to find more help on the web" or something along those lines!

Now if I couldent connect to the net then how could I get support for it! LOL!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 44 21-02-2007 , 06:55 PM

Originally posted by petrol
Train = 1
Theiving little sh*t = 0

Originally posted by petrol
And I'm not saying my amp is worth his life. His life is/was worth nothing. My amp wasn't. Therefore my amp is worth MORE than his work-dodging benefit-claiming sorry-ass life.

:lmao:

# 45 21-02-2007 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
Gster, no I dont have VISTA, no plan to get it, sticking wih XP and the Mac, and ironically i can not get e-mail on the mac, but i can get the net. I just plan to use all he computers for differant reasons.

recently we have had a spam that gives some news that our priminister is sick, complete with a link that takes you to a site complete with a trojan that cleans out all your account details and credit numbers, also a key logger.., computers are getting VERY dangerous.

WHAT is that strange post between yours and mine.., what does it mean??