Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-02-2007 , 12:38 PM

component editor problem

I know im a novice

https://www.westcoastfootballcamps.com/Competition%20Camplogo.jpg

Last edited by thewooleymammoth; 10-02-2007 at 12:58 PM.
# 2 10-02-2007 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber
Man, this problem busted my brains for ages - hate to think how much time I lost on this one. :blush: If like me, you open up the component editor then go to the particles tab, there's nothing there (as in no data loaded. There's also no goalPP column) You click this, try that, but nothing works.

Well, I just found that you have to pick curve1particle in the outliner, then you have to drag a selection box over the trunk, then you have to drag a selection box over the trunk A SECOND TIME - something that was NEVER mentioned in the tutorial. When you drag this second selection box, the particles all get loaded and the goalPP column appears too.

If however, you've got your data loaded into the component editor but there's no goalPP column, then I really user added image .
Chuck up a screen-shot if this doesn't solve it for ya.

-LOL, my first one is curve3Particle since I kept thinking I'd screwed it up and re-rigging the trunk.

# 3 12-02-2007 , 04:10 PM
sweet your right thats what it was thanks

I know im a novice

https://www.westcoastfootballcamps.com/Competition%20Camplogo.jpg