Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 61 10-04-2007 , 09:47 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I adjusted the head, and rendered with default maya lighting
Thanks for the heads up gamester and sparticus
and the image is to dark that's why you don't see his thumb
@bobalie; i havent put hair on him i will put hair on the high resolution model along with his clothes, but i will keep it in mind when doing the hair

thanks a lot

Attached Thumbnails
# 62 10-04-2007 , 10:19 PM
I just wanted to comment on the head/face. I'm impressed with how well you've taken everyone's comments and improved it so well. From what I remember (without renting the movie) the head looks pretty darn accurate so far. I'll have to wait til he's hunched over and wearing clothes to comment on his body, though it does look a little better porportionally. Good work so far.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 63 10-04-2007 , 10:57 PM
thanks perfecto,

And i think the face will be finished when i apply the texture, once i figure out how to do this ofcourseuser added image

# 64 11-04-2007 , 02:06 AM

Originally posted by Perfecto
I just wanted to comment on the head/face. I'm impressed with how well you've taken everyone's comments and improved it so well. From what I remember (without renting the movie) the head looks pretty darn accurate so far. I'll have to wait til he's hunched over and wearing clothes to comment on his body, though it does look a little better porportionally. Good work so far.

I agree intirely with Perfecto

# 65 11-04-2007 , 11:39 PM
because you guys wanted him to hunch over ......:p
it's the old model with the big head(i imported this in the scene because i wanted a refference voor the props, like the lightsaber and his cane).

Attached Thumbnails
# 66 12-04-2007 , 06:20 PM
How did you done the light from the lightsaber?
Are you gona model the cloths?

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 67 13-04-2007 , 01:00 PM
hi gamester,
- i created the lightsaber using a ep curve (set to linear) then in the dynamics menu select "emit from object =>optionbox"renamed the emitter to saber set the emitterrate to 8000 , set the particle to multipoint and then created a ramp for the opacity and the color ,set conserve to .5 and created a simple script for the lifespan for that vibrating look.

- yes i wanted to make the clothes;
first i made one in polygons converted to cloth then after several adjustements i came to figure out that the resolution wasn't high enough and couldn't change this.
so i went to making panels out of curves i used an ep curve set to linear for this and everytime i wanted to convert it to panel it says need a close curve to perform action or something like that.
But if i use a ready made curve circle or square from the menu and convert it it goes without any problems.
so if anyone knows what's happening here .....

# 68 15-04-2007 , 10:39 AM
OK..I'm in serious trouble now....
:angery:

i'm trying to make clothes out of panels using curves.
first i did it with an ep curve used open/close curves to close the curve then selected make panel then maya says that he needs a closed curve to perform this action.
i did the same thing with the cv curve and yet again no results.
when i create a ready made square or circle and hit the create panel button it goes without any trouble, so i thought;
let's use a square and cut it with circles then attache the curves that i need and then hit create panel when i actually did this maya yet again said that he needs a closed curve to create a panel.
i know for sure that everything is in the same z-space, because i only rotated the square and circles and the movement only in x and y.
i restarted maya several times , thinking it might be a glitch of some sorts, but still no results.
so if anybody could help with this it would be much appreciated.

# 69 15-04-2007 , 11:05 AM
a picture to clearify.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 70 15-04-2007 , 11:15 AM
since i'm stuck with cloth for the moment, i've started with a sith

Attached Thumbnails
# 71 15-04-2007 , 02:53 PM
Subscriber
Think the corners of the mouth on the sith look little wrong.

Finding this thread interesting. Enjoyed what youve done so far.

user added image

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 72 18-04-2007 , 05:24 AM
Yes antiant you're right about the mouth and thanks a lot for the compliment.
user added image

i've finally figured out wat the problem was with cloth, for some reason when i attached the curves together i got the error so i grouped them and hit the create panel button and voila there was the panel.
so hopefully you will be seeing more work from me reall soon, i have to help my sister tomorrow with her house and since my occupation (read: dayjob:p )is carpenter i can't say i cannot do it:p

# 73 18-04-2007 , 07:18 AM
his shirt

Attached Thumbnails
# 74 18-04-2007 , 10:16 AM
You're really bringing this character to life. I think the shirt needs to be a little looser around the mid section. You've made me want to go rent the movies now which I will tomorrow. I'll be checking out your model again after I watch it.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 75 19-04-2007 , 11:03 PM
I.ve been playing around with hair for the past days and this is the best i can squeeze out of it for the moment, so comments are most welcome

edit:
@perfecto; user added image

Attached Thumbnails